signing onto iPad iMessage

roundtheclock65

Sep 3, 2017
Visit site
If I sign onto my daughters ipad iMessage, does an alert go somewhere, email or text message that her iPad Apple ID was logged onto from her iPad?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
If her Apple ID was logged into from your device, she would get an email from Apple. Using the same Apple ID causes problems. You may see each other's messages and what not. Not a good idea as a spy method. You can just take her iPad and look though. You're the parent.

MizWylie

Champion
Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
You could give "Restrictions" a shot. It's Apple's version of parental controls. Include Messages in the "Not Allowed" and set a pin. When your daughter tries to login to iMessage it'll clock failed pin tries and eventually lock her out of the restrictions area for a certain amount of time but not out of the actual iPad.

Edit: I just noticed FaceTime is on the preset list but iMessage is not.

So the answer to your question is to log her off iMessage and then go to restrictions and toggle Account Changes to "Don't Allow Changes"

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
You could give "Restrictions" a shot. It's Apple's version of parental controls. Include Messages in the "Not Allowed" and set a pin. When your daughter tries to login to iMessage it'll clock failed pin tries and eventually lock her out of the restrictions area for a certain amount of time but not out of the actual iPad.

Edit: I just noticed FaceTime is on the preset list but iMessage is not.

So the answer to your question is to log her off iMessage and then go to restrictions and toggle Account Changes to "Don't Allow Changes"

I don't think he wants to prevent her from messaging, he just wants to peek at her messages.