The display works perfect though.No loss of pixels and the 3D Touch and front camera with flash works without any glitches.Since I am in Bangalore,India I took my phone to one of the Imagine stores (authorized Apple Store).The service guy says that I'll have to change the complete handset because there is a bend in the phone (which is not visible to the naked eye).Please help.I need it fixed.
    phlamethrowre likes this.
    08-28-2017 09:52 PM
    Is there any chance to take it to a different repair shop for a second opinion? If not, there's not much you can do. If the the only solution is buy another phone, you might try fixing it yourself. iFixit has instructions and other information you would need. Messing up the home button might be a problem. Go to iFixit dot com.
    Not sure what other options you have. Maybe someone else knows.
    08-28-2017 10:08 PM
    Problem is if you do have a bend then a new screen won’t sit properly. If you get a second opinion (don’t mention the first opinion) and they also say the phone has a bend then even doing the job yourself could not work as the screen won’t fit the slightly bent handset.
    bluej3 and Sherry_B like this.
    08-29-2017 03:52 AM
    Problem is if you do have a bend then a new screen won’t sit properly. If you get a second opinion (don’t mention the first opinion) and they also say the phone has a bend then even doing the job yourself could not work as the screen won’t fit the slightly bent handset.
    Yep, exactly.
    08-29-2017 03:12 PM