Broken iPhone 6s Plus front panel glass

Bluesteel007

Oct 22, 2015
Visit site
ec5aebeb232dd0d892752ba85d077ec1.jpg

The display works perfect though.No loss of pixels and the 3D Touch and front camera with flash works without any glitches.Since I am in Bangalore,India I took my phone to one of the Imagine stores (authorized Apple Store).The service guy says that I'll have to change the complete handset because there is a bend in the phone (which is not visible to the naked eye).Please help.I need it fixed.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Is there any chance to take it to a different repair shop for a second opinion? If not, there's not much you can do. If the the only solution is buy another phone, you might try fixing it yourself. iFixit has instructions and other information you would need. Messing up the home button might be a problem. Go to iFixit dot com.
Not sure what other options you have. Maybe someone else knows.

mark-d

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Problem is if you do have a bend then a new screen won’t sit properly. If you get a second opinion (don’t mention the first opinion) and they also say the phone has a bend then even doing the job yourself could not work as the screen won’t fit the slightly bent handset.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Problem is if you do have a bend then a new screen won’t sit properly. If you get a second opinion (don’t mention the first opinion) and they also say the phone has a bend then even doing the job yourself could not work as the screen won’t fit the slightly bent handset.

Yep, exactly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2