Do Apple Have a similar feature to the new iCloud Text Sync for calls

samduffy

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
In iOS 11 Apple added a feature that will allow texts to sync to all devices via iCloud which is great but does Apple have a similar feature for calls. That allows call logs or history to be synced via icloud similar to how this new text iCloud sync works

Thanks

JML5150

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
I believe it does currently. I have an iPhone 6s Plus as my daily driver on iOS 11 and an iPhone 6 on iOS 10.2 that I use as my iPod. The call logs mirror each other. I just can't make native phone calls from the 6 as it requires a cellular connection. IF you're using an iPad or Mac, i believe the call logs sync in FaceTime under the audio tab.

samduffy

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
ok cool. So does work if the phone is restored to factory settings and set up as a new device so like will they be there in FaceTime on the mac and phone app when the phone is set up as new or will does it only work and sync across devices when its backed up to iCloud and restored from a backup

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
ok cool. So does work if the phone is restored to factory settings and set up as a new device so like will they be there in FaceTime on the mac and phone app when the phone is set up as new or will does it only work and sync across devices when its backed up to iCloud and restored from a backup

If the device is restored as new, the mirroring will only work going forward. If you restore from backup, you should get everything that's saved in the backup. As long as you have handoff turned on, you will see calls across all devices.

samduffy

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
Cool yeah that's what I thought. So unlike the new text iCloud sync calls don't work the same way. Now if you restore as a new phone all your texts will repopulate on the phone thanks to the new iMessages in iCloud feature

You no longer need to restore from a backup to get your texts back as now you can just turn the feature on and they re appear

I wonder will Apple add a feature similar to imessages iCloud for calls

Maybe calls in iCloud

Thanks

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Cool yeah that's what I thought. So unlike the new text iCloud sync calls don't work the same way. Now if you restore as a new phone all your texts will repopulate on the phone thanks to the new iMessages in iCloud feature

You no longer need to restore from a backup to get your texts back as now you can just turn the feature on and they re appear

I wonder will Apple add a feature similar to imessages iCloud for calls

Maybe calls in iCloud

Thanks

It works the same way for calls. All calls to my primary device, show up on my business phone.

samduffy

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
So are you saying that they added the feature for calls th Sam Ewan the texts will work via iCloud in iOS 11 too so we have both features not just for the texts ?

samduffy

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
So it doesn't work like the iCloud sync for iMessage that u can flip a switch to bring them all down from iCloud on all devices even if the phone is restored as new

Is that correct

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner