ve replaced a cracked digitizer screen for a friend 4th gen when i came to fire it up the start screen comes up but says 025,365,790 minutes before unit can be started any ideas on how to correct this would be welcome . may be disconecting the battery and discharging all power or power button and home button and resetting please help jack32100
    08-21-2017 03:59 PM
    Welcome to iMore! I have no idea. Maybe someone else knows. Maybe check with iFixit dot com.
    08-21-2017 04:34 PM
    I believe that message indicates the phone is locked, and someone has repeatedly attempted to unlock it with invalid passcodes. 25 and a third million minutes works out to just over 48 years. If the phone actually belongs to your friend, contact Apple for assistance with unlocking it. Otherwise, write off the cost of the screen replacement and throw it away..
    08-21-2017 07:07 PM
    You'll need to take the phone to your local Apple store. The person who purchased it will need proof of purchase and a photo ID to prove they are the person attached to the Apple account. That's the only way they can help you.
    08-22-2017 02:16 PM
    You'll need to take the phone to your local Apple store. The person who purchased it will need proof of purchase and a photo ID to prove they are the person attached to the Apple account. That's the only way they can help you.
    Apple normally won't even look at an idevice that's been worked on elsewhere.
    08-22-2017 02:48 PM
    Apple normally won't even look at an idevice that's been worked on elsewhere.
    They will. You just have to pay the full price for repair costs and can’t claim any kind of warranty.
    08-22-2017 03:54 PM
    They will. You just have to pay the full price for repair costs and can’t claim any kind of warranty.
    And it's not worth paying for many older devices. Best to just upgrade.
    08-22-2017 04:34 PM
    And it's not worth paying for many older devices. Best to just upgrade.
    That’s for that person to decide.

I remember being so used to my relatively very old car that I kept repairing it instead of trashing it and buying a new one.
    08-22-2017 05:08 PM