Why do I have to wait millions of minutes before I can use this iPhone?

I

iMore Question

ve replaced a cracked digitizer screen for a friend 4th gen when i came to fire it up the start screen comes up but says 025,365,790 minutes before unit can be started any ideas on how to correct this would be welcome . may be disconecting the battery and discharging all power or power button and home button and resetting please help jack32100

gordol

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
Re: john

I believe that message indicates the phone is locked, and someone has repeatedly attempted to unlock it with invalid passcodes. 25 and a third million minutes works out to just over 48 years. If the phone actually belongs to your friend, contact Apple for assistance with unlocking it. Otherwise, write off the cost of the screen replacement and throw it away..

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site

You'll need to take the phone to your local Apple store. The person who purchased it will need proof of purchase and a photo ID to prove they are the person attached to the Apple account. That's the only way they can help you.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

You'll need to take the phone to your local Apple store. The person who purchased it will need proof of purchase and a photo ID to prove they are the person attached to the Apple account. That's the only way they can help you.

Apple normally won't even look at an idevice that's been worked on elsewhere.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711