Logic of Uploading Items from iCloud to another Cloud Storage.

I

iMore Question

Hi,

I would like to ask that when someone has stored data on iCloud and then optimized the phone which deletes the original copy from phone but keeps them on phone and as a result when that person wants to upload the content to another cloud storage app like Capture App then iOS downloads them to phone temporarily and then cloud storage app uploads that file.

I want to know that how much free space users need to upload data in this way, do they need free space more than the total of size of data which they want to upload or the logic is that it downloads the files one by one.

For example, if i want to upload 50 GB of total data having pictures and videos, my phone is having 20 GB free then will I be able to upload the items on another cloud with that much free space in phone?

anon(4697585)

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Are you essentially wanting two cloud based backups using two different services?

I do this with ICloud and Google for my photos and videos but I’m lucky in the fact I have an always on server in the house.

iCloud Photo Library downloads them all and google photos uploads everything on the iCloud photo download folder.

Not the best solution as iCloud for windows doesn’t delete files I delete but it’s still a catch all backup so good enough for what I want.