Need help restoring 6s Plus in Oregon

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

iMore Question

My girlfriend who is in Oregon has locked herself out of her iPhone. I'm thousands of miles away and she has no access to a computer to restore it. Anyone near Sweet Home Oregon that would be friendly enough to help out?

LqDFx

Feb 19, 2010
Visit site
Thank you for the link. We are at the point we need a laptop and someone willing to meet her to restore the phone. Looking for a friendly person in the area willing to help out.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Rather than risking stranger danger, I'd have her visit the local Apple Store and allow them to help her. All she will need is some type of state photo ID to prove she is the owner of the phone. If she still has the purchase receipt that would be even better, but they can help her without it.

LqDFx

Feb 19, 2010
Visit site
I have the receipt and I've called the sprint store near her, about 2 hours from her. Nearest Apple Store about the same! She has no transportation to get to either store. This is why I'm asking for a friendly person and hoping I can get someone trustworthy!

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Which means a stranger would have to go directly to her house. Yeah, not something I recommend in today's society.... way too scary. Perhaps who ever brings her groceries can bring a laptop next time they deliver her food.

SwitchBeach

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Perhaps she could go up to (or have someone take her to) the local coffee shop or other place that people hang out with computers and get a local person to help her there.

Or perhaps ask a local person she knows (friend, coworker, church member, social worker, family member) who has a computer.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
My girlfriend who is in Oregon has locked herself out of her iPhone. I'm thousands of miles away and she has no access to a computer to restore it. Anyone near Sweet Home Oregon that would be friendly enough to help out?

Why would you put your ‘girlfriend’ in a possibly dangerous situation with complete strangers? It’s one thing to meet a stranger yourself, but to risk the safety and well-being of another person is a different story. I’d like to think that your girlfriend has a friend or family member nearby that has a computer. Heck, go to a library, church, community center, etcetera that typically has computer available for public use.

Last edited:

LqDFx

Feb 19, 2010
Visit site
Ok, I don't mean to put her in danger. She has family there and they'd go with her to a public place. We have found friends and family with computers to try and help. Seems that even with my knowledge of what's going on, they can't follow directions! They either can't figure out how to update iTunes or place the phone in recovery mode. Public computers don't have iTunes or they aren't updated and no one has authority to update it where we have tried! We have tried a lot of things! Sorry that I was hoping that, in this community of people knowledgeable of Apple products, there would be someone that is honest and would help me out. It is a small town. Seems I'm getting a lot of negative thrown my way. Believe me this was a last ditch effort on my part. I will just tell her to wait till she comes back in a couple months for me to fix it! Thanks though.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Ok, I don't mean to put her in danger. She has family there and they'd go with her to a public place. We have found friends and family with computers to try and help. Seems that even with my knowledge of what's going on, they can't follow directions! They either can't figure out how to update iTunes or place the phone in recovery mode. Public computers don't have iTunes or they aren't updated and no one has authority to update it where we have tried! We have tried a lot of things! Sorry that I was hoping that, in this community of people knowledgeable of Apple products, there would be someone that is honest and would help me out. It is a small town. Seems I'm getting a lot of negative thrown my way. Believe me this was a last ditch effort on my part. I will just tell her to wait till she comes back in a couple months for me to fix it! Thanks though.

Has she tried contacting Apple? She could always mail the device to Apple. That would be better than waiting a couple of months for you.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Seems I'm getting a lot of negative thrown my way.

I'm not sure how you're getting negativity out of us wanting to keep your girlfriend safe, but ok.

The closest Apple store from her is in Tigard (there's two in fact), which is 1 hour and 39 minutes from her at 180 miles round trip. She should be able to find someone to drive her there over the weekend. It's not that far... our SUV doesn't get good gas mileage at all and we could go there and back on way less than a tank of gas, easily.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Negativity? Nah. Suspicion? Heck yeah! Everything a techie would recommend you do, there is already a reason why it can’t be done and thus leaving a meet up as the only remaining option. That’s suspicious as heck to me, but that’s Just Me, D. Someone may indeed decide to meet you, but it won’t be me. My recommendation is for you take it to an Apple Store.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Negativity? Nah. Suspicion? Heck yeah! Everything a techie would recommend you do, there is already a reason why it can’t be done and thus leaving a meet up as the only remaining option. That’s suspicious as heck to me, but that’s Just Me, D. Someone may indeed decide to meet you, but it won’t be me. My recommendation is for you take it to an Apple Store.

Exactly. Guess what. Thread Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73