Lost my 3 yr old iPhone 1 month before new one released. What to do?

I

iMore Question

Was planning on upgrading my iPhone 6 to the iPhone 7s/8/Pro/X this upcoming September. Unfortunately mine slipped into the lake and I'm now without a phone. It is obviously unwise to buy a 7 with a new release right around the corner. What do you recommend doing to get by. I can't find a local retailer that sells used iphones and buying something online presents its challenges. The caveat is that I lost a 64gb iPhone that was full and backed up to iCloud.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to iMore!
I'm sorry to hear that you lost your iPhone, luckily you've got it backup onto iCloud. I would recommend getting a cheap phone that works to accept/decline calls. Or you could see if your family members have a spare phone around that you could borrow. Best of luck!

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Welcome to iMore!

I'm with TripleOne. See if you can get a small cheapie to use just until the new phone(s) are released. Even then I would wait a week or more to check reviews, read new forum areas specific to the new phones (see how others like them, read about issues if any etc. etc. etc), and then decide which new iPhone would best suit your needs.

anon(4697585)

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Happened to me before I got the 6S. I was able to borrow one from a family member but in the end I just claimed on my insurance since the iPhone 7 wasn’t enough of a change and insurance is like for like

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh