I have an iPhone 6s and a Galaxy S7. My question is when is Apple going to update Apple pay to work as well as Samsung pay? It is so much easier and widespread to use Samsung pay because you can use it anywhere there's a card reader. It seems like Apple would step up their game to match Samsung. I do love my Apple products, but this seems to be a serious shortcoming for mobile payment platform.
    08-06-2017 04:29 PM
    You can use Apple Pay in all the same places as Samsung Pay, they are just provided but different companies but both can be used as contactless payment. I have Apple pay on my iPhone and watch and use it almost daily. If they are not working you might need to contact your bank and ask them to check its all turned on their end.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    08-06-2017 04:41 PM
    You can use Apple Pay in all the same places as Samsung Pay, they are just provided but different companies but both can be used as contactless payment. I have Apple pay on my iPhone and watch and use it almost daily. If they are not working you might need to contact your bank and ask them to check its all turned on their end.
    No, Apple Pay is restricted to tap and pay. Samsung Pay can be used anywhere that you can swipe a card. World of difference.
    08-06-2017 04:51 PM
    That’s because iPhone doesn’t have the same hardware as Samsung Pay capable phones
    08-06-2017 06:35 PM
    That’s because iPhone doesn’t have the same hardware as Samsung Pay capable phones
    That's my point. Apple Pay = limited, and Samsung Pay = basically everywhere. Apple needs to step it up, imo.
    08-06-2017 07:47 PM
    My question is when is Apple going to update Apple pay to work as well as Samsung pay?
    This is a question best suited for Apple. Until Apple decides to add every Mom & Pop store and their payment system may I suggest you continue to use your Galaxy s7.
    The stores the I personally frequent and trust all have Apple Pay capabilities.
    TgeekB and anon(9602380) like this.
    08-07-2017 08:13 AM
    With more and more cards switching to chips rather than magnetic strips, makes one think magnetic strips are being phased out in the near future. Now saying that it makes perfect sense Apple would focus more on NFC readers than a technology that is destined to go away ...
    toneofark likes this.
    08-07-2017 09:00 AM
    With more and more cards switching to chips rather than magnetic strips, makes one think magnetic strips are being phased out in the near future. Now saying that it makes perfect sense Apple would focus more on NFC readers than a technology that is destined to go away ...
    That makes sense. I do hope that it will allow Apple Pay to be more widespread. In my town, I can use it at Walgreens, McDonald's, and Best Buy. Not Wal-Mart, Sears, any home improvement store, etc. Whereas I can use the other platform at any of those places, including the "Mom and Pop " stores. Maybe it's because Samsung bought the company that uses the magnetic stripe technology, I don't know. I like both phone platforms, but am Apple at heart. I am totally in their ecosystem. It's just the mobile pay platform that I feel like they have dropped the ball.
    08-07-2017 10:32 AM
    I have an iPhone 6s and a Galaxy S7. My question is when is Apple going to update Apple pay to work as well as Samsung pay? It is so much easier and widespread to use Samsung pay because you can use it anywhere there's a card reader. It seems like Apple would step up their game to match Samsung. I do love my Apple products, but this seems to be a serious shortcoming for mobile payment platform.
    It's up to the vendor to have the abilities to accept Apple Pay.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204274
    08-07-2017 02:06 PM
    I agree OP. Samsung pay is more convenient simply because it's accepted in more places. The technology Samsung used allowed for a greater rate of acceptance. I don't see that changing honestly. As time progresses I'm sure more vendors will begin to support Apple Pay though. But for now, it's not really a question for us as much as a question for Apple, as @Spencerdl stated.
    Spencerdl likes this.
    08-07-2017 03:06 PM
    I've never actually used it. Not hard for me to pull out my card anywhere I want. Maybe some day I'll try it but I don't see the big deal. What am I missing?
    08-07-2017 03:59 PM
    I've never actually used it. Not hard for me to pull out my card anywhere I want. Maybe some day I'll try it but I don't see the big deal. What am I missing?

Some, not all, have their phone or Apple watch more readily available than their wallets/purse. For some it's just more convenient. For others, it's just muscle memory to reach for a wallet.
    08-07-2017 04:41 PM
    Some, not all, have their phone or Apple watch more readily available than their wallets/purse. For some it's just more convenient. For others, it's just muscle memory to reach for a wallet.
    Thanks.
    Like I said, I might try it some day but I'm one of those muscle memory people. By the time I think of it I've already paid with my card!
    08-07-2017 05:47 PM
    Thanks.
    Like I said, I might try it some day but I'm one of those muscle memory people. By the time I think of it I've already paid with my card!
    Apologies if it seemed like I was trying to coax you into using AP. Just showing what the big deal is for those who do use it. Personally, I forget 9 times out of 10 that I have it! LOL
    08-07-2017 06:03 PM
    Apologies if it seemed like I was trying to coax you into using AP. Just showing what the big deal is for those who do use it. Personally, I forget 9 times out of 10 that I have it! LOL
    No, I didn't get that from your post. But hey, maybe I'll be more likely to give it a try!
    Sherry_B likes this.
    08-07-2017 06:05 PM
    No Apple Pay is not started in many countries
    08-08-2017 07:52 AM
    I guess it also depends on where you shop. I haven’t been to a place in a long while that doesn’t accept Apple Pay.
    08-12-2017 03:18 PM