7+ screen vs sensor vs 3D Touch vs iOS

raphie

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
I have a 7+ iOS version 10.3.3
Dropped phone 2 times since August.
ALL my years of loyal iPhone user never ever have I ever dropped previous phones.
Had case on both times no screen protector.
Both dropped shattered screen like 80%.
1st time repaired at Apple. All features worked fine.
2nd time repaired at 3rd party place. (Now live in a town where Apple Store 90 mins away and was closed for renovations & other choice was to send for repair)

So since 2nd repair now added tempered glass screen protector. First time ikolit brand, now using Zagg.

So wondering if 2nd drop ruined sensor for 3D features OR screen repair from 3rd party or iOS version?

Bummed that this will impact me trying to sell when next phone comes out :(

Any help , feedback, experience welcomed.

Ecm

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
I know three people who have had their screens replaced by less expensive 3rd party services. None worked quite properly. One had colour calibration issues, one had issues with the "home button". The 3rd lost the 3D touch function -- similar to what you're describing. You could try returning to the place that replaced the screen, to see if they can deal with it. I think that your best best would be to get it to an Apple Store to be handled properly.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Oh no!
I'd recommend bringing your iPhone to an Apple Store, I'm sure they could repair it, if not offer a replacement.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
If your iPhone was still under warranty, and the 3rd party repair shop was not an authorized Apple repair store, then you voided your warranty. Hopefully they're an authorized Apple repair store.

raphie

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
If your iPhone was still under warranty, and the 3rd party repair shop was not an authorized Apple repair store, then you voided your warranty. Hopefully they're an authorized Apple repair store.

Yes aware, had it since launch. I am not sure of that date

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen