10.3.1 malware

shulk3337

Jul 31, 2017
Visit site
If I'm currently using IOS 10.3.1 on my non-jailbroken iPhone instead of 10.3.3 version, is there any possibility of getting malware or any kind of virus in my device?

shulk3337

Jul 31, 2017
Visit site
I have just updated, but I spent like two months staying in 10.3.1 because of all the battery problems that 10.3.2 brought. Then I discovered that 10.3.2 patched a lot of security holes, and I was wondering if I could get malware through browsing during this period of time with these known exploits.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
You're not likely to get malware or viruses on iOS. The only cases I've heard of were on jailbroken devices. Mostly from downloading bad apps.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
"including all iPhones since the iPhone 5" So yeah it is wise to update when apple pushes it out. But since it didn't personally get your device I am sure you will brush it off as nothing. https://arstechnica.com/information...illion-phones-to-a-wi-fi-hopping-worm-attack/

It's always wise to update, but a potential vulnerability with multiple if/then scenarios does not equate to the scare tactic most of these companies make it out to be.
I once had someone tell me that if I used Android he guaranteed I would get my bank account broken into. It supposedly happened to him and he blamed Android because of something he read on the internet. Of course it didn't happen to me.
Being smart is your biggest defense.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
It's always wise to update, but a potential vulnerability with multiple if/then scenarios does not equate to the scare tactic most of these companies make it out to be.
I once had someone tell me that if I used Android he guaranteed I would get my bank account broken into. It supposedly happened to him and he blamed Android because of something he read on the internet. Of course it didn't happen to me.
Being smart is your biggest defense.

Agree 100%. I just don't see why people would not update when on iPhone everyone has it at the same time. I guess that is just the serial updater in me lol

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
Agree 100%. I just don't see why people would not update when on iPhone everyone has it at the same time. I guess that is just the serial updater in me lol

I guess some people are afraid of breaking features, as some have mentioned. I just update figuring it's the best thing to do.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
If I'm currently using IOS 10.3.1 on my non-jailbroken iPhone instead of 10.3.3 version, is there any possibility of getting malware or any kind of virus in my device?

Is it possible? Yes. Is it possible running 10.3.3? Yes. It all depends on how you use your devices and the apps you download. Anything is possible.

However, it's highly unlikely.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2