Would you trust Note 8?

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Speaking of cutting corners, the Note 8 is said to debut early again this year, in August, to compete with the next iPhone. This is sounding oddly familiar...

With that in mind, would you still trust the Note 8?

I would trust that the battery issues that plagued the Note 7 are going to be resolved in the Note 8. Samsung knows more than anyone that if they have another battery issue like that they're in huge trouble. The Note 7 debacle will feel like small potatoes in comparison. As far as another early release...hoping it's just a result of starting the manufacturing process earlier and not cutting corners.

Adawg1203

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Speaking of cutting corners, the Note 8 is said to debut early again this year, in August, to compete with the next iPhone. This is sounding oddly familiar...

With that in mind, would you still trust the Note 8?

Isn't August the traditional timeframe for the note being released/announced?

I really don't even understand why there would be trust issues for the Note 8. The Note 7 was not Samsung first rodeo. They have more devices on the market than any other manufacturer including Apple. I'd have trust issues if there were battery problems with the Notes 1,2,3,4 & 5. But one incident of this kind in what 20 years? It doesn't and won't define Samsung There track record is too good.

This is a prime example of focusing on the negatives.

Adawg1203

May 9, 2011
Visit site

I really don't even understand why there would be trust issues for the Note 8. The Note 7 was not Samsung first rodeo. They have more devices on the market than any other manufacturer including Apple. I'd have trust issues if there were battery problems with the Notes 1,2,3,4 & 5. But one incident of this kind in what 20 years? It doesn't and won't define Samsung There track record is too good.

Why the focus on the negative?

evanking527

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site

This is a prime example of focusing on the negatives.

A prime example of focusing on the negatives?Focusing on the negatives would be looking at the fact that Samsung's heir to the throne was accused of bribery and embezzlement and was arrested, or how their Galaxy S3 battery problems spilled into the S4, or how China's Central television showed a thirty-minute video about Samsung's faulty batteries, or how they were fined by Taiwan for false reviews, or how they were fined yet again by Taiwan for misleading advertisement. That would be things that would actually affect your trust with Samsung as a company, but instead I was staying on topic and bringing back the topic to the Note 8, not focusing on the negatives. And the fact that this isn't Samsung's first rodeo is exactly the point. They've been making phones for years and years, but they mess up the battery on their most expensive phone at the time, their flagship phone. If Apple did that with the iPhone 8, 1 Infinite Loop would be burned to the ground and Tim Cook beheaded on the White House lawn (may be exaggerating a bit for effect, but close enough).

As for your claims of their track record being "too good," think again my friend.

http://m.gadgets.ndtv.com/mobiles/n...y-red-discolouration-some-users-claim-1682769

http://www.idahostatesman.com/news/local/community/boise/article163495878.html

https://www.google.com/amp/thedroid...ps-showing-incorrect-level-issues-1069443/amp

https://www.cpsc.gov/Recalls/2016/samsung-recalls-top-load-washing-machines

http://www.dailytech.com/Samsung+to...ts+Over+Mass+LCD+TV+Failures/article24065.htm

Anyway, I'm not focusing on the negatives, I'm focusing on the future of Apple's greatest U.S. competitor. Remember, the point of his thread is about using Samsung's past to make observations for their future. Observing past mistakes to make comments about the future isn't focusing on negatives, it's something humans have been doing for all of history. It's called history.

evanking527

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I would trust that the battery issues that plagued the Note 7 are going to be resolved in the Note 8. Samsung knows more than anyone that if they have another battery issue like that they're in huge trouble. The Note 7 debacle will feel like small potatoes in comparison. As far as another early release...hoping it's just a result of starting the manufacturing process earlier and not cutting corners.

Yeah I hope so, it looks like this year it's going to be released even earlier than it was last year, which isn't exactly the best thing to do in their current position, but I know people will buy it anyway and it will do good the same as any other year. Well, besides last year.

Adawg1203

May 9, 2011
Visit site
A prime example of focusing on the negatives?Focusing on the negatives would be looking at the fact that Samsung's heir to the throne was accused of bribery and embezzlement and was arrested, or how their Galaxy S3 battery problems spilled into the S4, or how China's Central television showed a thirty-minute video about Samsung's faulty batteries, or how they were fined by Taiwan for false reviews, or how they were fined yet again by Taiwan for misleading advertisement. That would be things that would actually affect your trust with Samsung as a company, but instead I was staying on topic and bringing back the topic to the Note 8, not focusing on the negatives. And the fact that this isn't Samsung's first rodeo is exactly the point. They've been making phones for years and years, but they mess up the battery on their most expensive phone at the time, their flagship phone. If Apple did that with the iPhone 8, 1 Infinite Loop would be burned to the ground and Tim Cook beheaded on the White House lawn (may be exaggerating a bit for effect, but close enough).

As for your claims of their track record being "too good," think again my friend.

http://m.gadgets.ndtv.com/mobiles/n...y-red-discolouration-some-users-claim-1682769

http://www.idahostatesman.com/news/local/community/boise/article163495878.html

https://www.google.com/amp/thedroid...ps-showing-incorrect-level-issues-1069443/amp

http://www.dailytech.com/Samsung+to...ts+Over+Mass+LCD+TV+Failures/article24065.htm

Anyway, I'm not focusing on the negatives, I'm focusing on the future of Apple's greatest U.S. competitor. Remember, the point of his thread is about using Samsung's past to make observations for their future. Observing past mistakes to make comments about the future isn't focusing on negatives, it's something humans have been doing for all of history. It's called history.

I've owned the S3 and had zero battery issues. I still have and use my note 5 daily, with zero battery issues. Admittedly, I haven't owned the S8, but wasn't the red color issue fixed via an update?

The links in your post still do not prove a point (to me). However, out of respect to you and the forum I don't want to get into a debate over something so frivolous. We have our perspective on things and I'm not trying to change you or anyone else's position.

We can just respectfully agree to disagree.

evanking527

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I've owned the S3 and had zero battery issues. I still have and use my note 5 daily, with zero battery issues. Admittedly, I haven't owned the S8, but wasn't the red color issue fixed via an update?

The links in your post still do not prove a point (to me). However, out of respect to you and the forum I don't want to get into a debate over something so frivolous. We have our perspective on things and I'm not trying to change you or anyone else's position.

We can just respectfully agree to disagree.

In the end Samsung will sell millions of these and it will be a hit, and I hope it is a big hit so that it can be an awesome competition that Apple should take notice of. I don't think any smartphone would be what it is today if it were not for competition, so I don't want Apple or Samsung to go away. Still thought it would be interesting to get people's opinions of those that were interested before it was released. Sounds like many will buy it, and despite hiccups, Samsung will do pretty awesome like Samsung always does.

anon(4697585)

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
It wouldn’t stop me. Like Toyota said when they recalled some of their models a little while ago... most people understand that recalls happen and are sensible enough to see through it

MooMooPrincess

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
In the end Samsung will sell millions of these and it will be a hit, and I hope it is a big hit so that it can be an awesome competition that Apple should take notice of. I don't think any smartphone would be what it is today if it were not for competition, so I don't want Apple or Samsung to go away. Still thought it would be interesting to get people's opinions of those that were interested before it was released. Sounds like many will buy it, and despite hiccups, Samsung will do pretty awesome like Samsung always does.

I don't think it will sell well just because most people who would buy the note got the s8. But I don't think many people care about the 50 batteries catching on fire. The s8 has broke records in the galaxy line even with the battery debacle

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
It made for some "funny" jokes from some of the Apple fans, but it honestly didn't sway my opinion on Samsung as a whole nor would it deter me from purchasing a Note 8 if it interested me.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site

Samsung Galaxy S8, Galaxy S8+ Displays Affected by Red Discolouration, Some Users Claim | Technology News

UPDATE: Samsung pays Idaho man for phone that exploded | Idaho Statesman

DailyTech - Samsung to Pay Millions to Settle Lawsuits Over Mass LCD TV Failures

I have a feeling you're not a fan of Samsung lol.

evanking527

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I have a feeling you're not a fan of Samsung lol.

When being accused of looking at negatives for simply wanting to get people's opinion on a real event that occurred, I got maybe a little biased for a second lol

I know how to use both Apple and Samsung, and sold both cellphones for a long time. In the end, I tend to agree with Apple's tech, but I still respect other vendors. But when people try to put people down for being Apple fans and say ridiculous comments, I play their game and joyfully give a ridiculous comment back.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I would if I was a fan of Android.
I've used the Note 3 and Note 5, great devices but doesn't perform as well as an iPhone.

Adawg1203

May 9, 2011
Visit site
When being accused of looking at negatives for simply wanting to get people's opinion on a real event that occurred, I got maybe a little biased for a second lol

But when people try to put people down for being Apple fans and say ridiculous comments, I play their game and joyfully give a ridiculous comment back.

It was my personal opinion and nothing more. At NO TIME did I make any comments putting anyone down for being an Apple fan. I use and own many Apple products from watch, to IPads, to MacPro, Apple TV and IPhone. Yes, the Note I use for business as that is my personal preference. There was a time when I used an Android for both business and pleasure but most of my friends and family used iPhones so communicating was easier with IPhone (iMessage) and I jumped back when IP6S was released.

So if you are directing your comments at me (which you are) please reread what I wrote initially and you will see nothing was made personal. Nor was there any games being played (at least on my end).

On the other hand it's clear you overreacted and just can't let things be.

evanking527

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
It was my personal opinion and nothing more. At NO TIME did I make any comments putting anyone down for being an Apple fan. I use and own many Apple products from watch, to IPads, to MacPro, Apple TV and IPhone. Yes, the Note I use for business as that is my personal preference. There was a time when I used an Android for both business and pleasure but most of my friends and family used iPhones so communicating was easier with IPhone (iMessage) and I jumped back when IP6S was released.

So if you are directing your comments at me (which you are) please reread what I wrote initially and you will see nothing was made personal. Nor was there any games being played (at least on my end).

On the other hand it's clear you overreacted and just can't let things be.

So you know how I don't like letting things go?

Jerry we talked about this, it doesn't end well.

And you know how that conversation died like last week?

Jerry what are you planning...

Well let's bring it back!

Jerry you need Jesus.

But wait there's a twist!

I'm surprised you still even work here.

Let's bring it back on his forum and then accuse HIM of not letting things go. Oh and overreacting! Genius right?!?

Jerry get out of my office.

IThomasI2017

Jul 19, 2017
Visit site
If you think about it the amount of note 7 that actually blew up wasn't anywhere near the amount that was sold so the chances in it blowing up if they are faulty is very slim, I would say there is more chance in being involved in a plain crash. Obveously there are risks but if it could happen to Samsung it could happen to any phone.

evanking527

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
If you think about it the amount of note 7 that actually blew up wasn't anywhere near the amount that was sold so the chances in it blowing up if they are faulty is very slim, I would say there is more chance in being involved in a plain crash. Obveously there are risks but if it could happen to Samsung it could happen to any phone.

Yeah that's true, got my fingers crossed for the next iPhone!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods