Would you trust Note 8?

evanking527

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
After the Note 7 recall, many don't know what will happen for the next generation. But after everything that happened, would it still interest you, maybe if it had the right features? Did it hurt the Samsung image enough for you personally to not go with a phone from them again?

anony_mouse

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
After the Note 7 recall, many don't know what will happen for the next generation. But after everything that happened, would it still interest you, maybe if it had the right features? Did it hurt the Samsung image enough for you personally to not go with a phone from them again?

I would happily buy the Note 8 if it's good.

Well actually I wouldn't, because it will probably be very very expensive and I prefer to spend money on more interesting things. But the battery issues of the Note 7 do not bother me.

Adawg1203

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I'd still purchase a note 8. Many forget that Samsung has a very good track record of making excellent devices. One hiccup will not redefine their image. That's evident in the success of the Galaxy S8. Come release time the Note 8 will prove to be just as successful as its predecessors, if not more.

evanking527

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
When our local news said that the Galaxy Note 7 would be put back on the market in select countries, the people at work just laughed. I don't know, I think people are still skeptical when something like this happens.

Ecm

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site

I bought an S8+, so no. It didn't stop me.

evanking527

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I was selling them for multiple carriers when they were going through the whole switch and recall. At first I was just laughing, but then it quickly became a nightmare. Having to deal with the phones coming back and switching them for a supposedly "fixed" one, which took about an hour per phone getting it right on their wireless plan and then moving their data, and then having those "fixed" phones come back and have to get yet another new totally different phone, was madness. All those people were tired of it, especially the second time. Many switched to iPhones, that's why I'm interested in seeing how much the recall affected their image to the public, since a lot of people I dealt with firsthand were tired of it and would never go back to Samsung.

afctee

Distinguished
May 22, 2016
Visit site
I like the Samsung Note range, and am sure at some stage, I'll try the Note 8. But, not upon initial release...

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site
I would have no reservations about buying a Note 8 ...
What happened with the Note 7 was an accident that cost Samsung dearly. I fallback on the 100's of millions of Samsung phones that didn't catch fire ...

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site

Of course I would. Seeing as how the s8/s8+ hasn't had issues with the battery (not to mention the extra testing on the battery they have been doing) the fact the note 7 had issues is not a worry to me for the note 8.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I have an s8+. I wasn't worried when I got it. As stated above, Samsung as really focused on extra testing. They took it as a lesson learned. I would fully trust it.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I have an s8+. I wasn't worried when I got it. As stated above, Samsung as really focused on extra testing. They took it as a lesson learned. I would fully trust it.

Not to mention they literally cannot take another fiasco like the note and the huge losses they had to endure with getting all those phones back.

evanking527

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
Not to mention they literally cannot take another fiasco like the note and the huge losses they had to endure with getting all those phones back.

You can do a lot with $5 billion. Apple took $5 billion and made Apple Park. Samsung took $5 billion and recalled their flagship phone... Yeah that was an expensive recall.

evanking527

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
Serious question - do you think Apple park was a good way to spend $5 billion?

If it helps their Apple products, then yes I think it was. I'm pretty sure Samsung spent a lot too, doublechecking all of their batteries, as well as the commercials and ads they ran to try to help people to trust the rest of their products.

anony_mouse

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
If it helps their Apple products, then yes I think it was. I'm pretty sure Samsung spent a lot too, doublechecking all of their batteries, as well as the commercials and ads they ran to try to help people to trust the rest of their products.

That wasn't Samsung's choice. They had to do that.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Serious question - do you think Apple park was a good way to spend $5 billion?

I don't know enough about Apple's operations to know if they really needed that facility, but it's evident that they've outgrown 1 Infinite Loop. They're the world' largest, and most cash rich, company so I don't think it killed them to spend $5 billion on their new HQ. They could have spent $10 billion on it and I'm sure they'd still be okay and still on track with all of their research and development and other projects.

That wasn't Samsung's choice. They had to do that.

True. Samsung chose to cut corners in their manufacturing processes in order to push the Note 7 out sooner to compete with the iPhone 7 release. They dug their grave with that one and getting out isn't cheap.

evanking527

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I don't know enough about Apple's operations to know if they really needed that facility, but it's evident that they've outgrown 1 Infinite Loop. They're the world' largest, and most cash rich, company so I don't think it killed them to spend $5 billion on their new HQ. They could have spent $10 billion on it and I'm sure they'd still be okay and still on track with all of their research and development and other projects.

True. Samsung chose to cut corners in their manufacturing processes in order to push the Note 7 out sooner to compete with the iPhone 7 release. They dug their grave with that one and getting out isn't cheap.

Speaking of cutting corners, the Note 8 is said to debut early again this year, in August, to compete with the next iPhone. This is sounding oddly familiar...

With that in mind, would you still trust the Note 8?