Out of curiosity, how much data does iCloud store each time it automatically backs up ? And does it delete the old iOS when we download a new one ?
    I suppose what I'm really asking is how much of our 5gb is used for repetition.
    07-11-2017 09:07 AM
    This is on a iPhone 7 Plus 256GB with 150 GB used. 50 if you don’t count the music and 20 if you don’t count photos & video.

500 MB give or take is not much.
    07-11-2017 10:30 AM
    Depends what you have on your device when it backs up. App data (some you can turn off if not neccessary), photos, etc.
    07-11-2017 12:37 PM
    Out of curiosity, how much data does iCloud store each time it automatically backs up ? And does it delete the old iOS when we download a new one ?
    I suppose what I'm really asking is how much of our 5gb is used for repetition.

There are space differences between iCloud and iTunes. As you know, iCloud offers the first 5gb free whereas when you use iTunes your backup space is only limited by the space on your computer. On iTunes when I go to restore I see a decent size list of dates to choose from. This is where I typically restore from. If memory serves, and don't quote me on this, I think iCloud gives you 3 dates to restore from (someone please correct me if they know the absolute answer?).

Once your contacts have been backed up, it will only update new additions or changes. Depending on what it is I believe it's that way for most data that's already backed up.

This article by Apple may answer other questions you may have; https://support.apple.com/en-us/ht204136
    Tartarus likes this.
    07-11-2017 01:44 PM