Question about using Bluetooth in car

I

iMore Question

Hello, I bought the iPhone SE and connected it to my car's Bluetooth. Every time it connects however, all messages and calls etc are channeled through the car's system. I would only like to use the iPhone for playing a song. Is there any setting on the iPhone that allows me to specify music only (while leaving the rest of the phone alone)? Thanks!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Typically, you should be able to disconnect the Bluetooth connection between your iPhone and your car and simply use a USB cable instead, and then initiate the iPOD/USB/AUX option or whatever your particular car labels it.

comiken205

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site
There should be an option when connecting your Bluetooth to use device for phone or music. I have a 2017 Prius and my daughter thinks it’s hers. So when she connected Bluetooth she did it for music only. On the screen you should see an option for use device as phone or music. When using it as phone you get to use all functions. When using it as music you only get the music part. Obviously you vehicle has to have the capabilities to allow you to choose. Read the owners manual to see if that feature is available to you.

Re9iNee

Jul 10, 2017
Visit site
I think this might 'll help you : just go to bluetooth menu,click on bluetooth name of your car (then you can just turn off contacts information )

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I think this might 'll help you : just go to bluetooth menu,click on bluetooth name of your car (then you can just turn off contacts information )

This won’t stop calls and messages from being channeled through the car, it only stops contacts from syncing.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR