Lifeproof 'waterproof' case

Krackkid

Jun 30, 2017
Visit site
So I bought the Lifeproof FRE case for my iphone 6s plus, and there got water inside the case. I took a bath at home and took my phone with. I put it in the water for like 10 minutes and just used it in the bath. Eventually i saw that there was water inside the case under the screen protector.

Maybe i didnt close the case good enough? I dont know.. My phone is so far I know undamaged. I took my phone out and put the case together and it is in the sink now. I let it be there for like a hour to see if there still comes water in.

Does any1 else got the same experience with the lifeproof case?

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Waterproof is not foolproof! You should ALWAYS still be careful. Don't do things like take the phone in the bath or shower with you, or the pool. Waterproof is for emergencies and for peace of mind, so if you DO goof you are probably ok, BUT nothing is 100%

Krackkid

Jun 30, 2017
Visit site
Waterproof is not foolproof! You should ALWAYS still be careful. Don't do things like take the phone in the bath or shower with you, or the pool. Waterproof is for emergencies and for peace of mind, so if you DO goof you are probably ok, BUT nothing is 100%

Lol. There case should be able to be in 2 feet water for 1 hour.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
I ment 2 meters of water

Right I get that, BUT still you shouldn't just test it, the case is for IF you forget, or IF you get caught in the rain. I would not be tempting fate and "testing" the case. At least I wouldn't anyways, not with a 500 or more phone! lol

MooMooPrincess

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Seems like your case was a dud, ALWAYS test the case before using it, or maybe you didn't put it in well hopefully your phone is OK

Krackkid

Jun 30, 2017
Visit site
Yep. I tested the case 1 hour in the water before puting my phone in it. When my phone was in it there was water in, but my phone was okay. Later I tested it another 1/2 hours without my phone and it was dry bone inside. I have no clue if I should trust this case or not. My phone is inside it again and I took a shower with it and it seems fine. Pretty weird lol..

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73