So I have a bit of a problem here, nothing too major if it can't be solved, but...

Is it possible to backup AND restore my current IOS 10.3.1 OS on my iPhone 6S+ without the use of iTunes?

I won't have access to my Computer (which already has a backup) for a while.

I do although have access to an ancient Dell PC which does NOT support the newer iTunes versions. (Windows XP SP3)

I think I'm pushing it, but is there software out there for backing up and restoring the entire OS like iTunes?
    06-29-2017 12:38 AM
  2. pkcable said: Best Answer

Refer to this Apple support document.....

https://support.apple.com/kb/ph12521?locale=en_US
    iCloud Backup is your friend and it’s all on your iPhone.
    It will not backup the OS itself, as that’s not necessary, but you can restore your iPhone in Settings and select the most recent backup to restore to.
    Josiah23 likes this.
    06-29-2017 01:59 AM
    Yes, iCloud backup within settings on your iPhone. The only downside to a straight iCloud backup is that you will need to reinstall all your apps and log back in to all of them. All your settings, messages, etc. will be restored though.
    Josiah23 likes this.
    06-29-2017 02:09 AM
    iCloud Backup is your friend and it’s all on your iPhone.
    It will not backup the OS itself, as that’s not necessary, but you can restore your iPhone in Settings and select the most recent backup to restore to.
    Alright, thank you. I somehow know more about other device (Android) over my own iPhone, lol.
    06-29-2017 02:10 AM
    Yes, iCloud backup within settings on your iPhone. The only downside to a straight iCloud backup is that you will need to reinstall all your apps and log back in to all of them. All your settings, messages, etc. will be restored though.
    Gotcha
    I really appreciate the responses.

I completely forgot about iCloud since I never really use it... until now! Thanks
    Tartarus likes this.
    06-29-2017 02:13 AM
    06-29-2017 09:23 AM
    @pkcable
    Unfortunately for my situation I think I’m in a loophole.

I installed iOS 11 Public Beta from iOS 10.3.1 and Only made an iCloud backup instead of an iTunes backup (Since I don’t have the resources for a supported version of iTunes at the moment)

Now I couldn’t find a tutorial or any documentation to recover from a beta version of the OS using iCloud only.

I do see the option to recover from a previous date but that only restores the apps, media, and settings and doesn’t restore me back to my previous iOS version.

My guess is that I’m going to be stuck on the Beta for a while until I can get back to my PC.
    Last edited by Josiah23; 06-29-2017 at 01:14 PM.
    06-29-2017 12:38 PM
    Go to Apple, they can wipe and downgrade you.
    Josiah23 and pkcable like this.
    06-29-2017 01:50 PM
    Yea you need to have matching OSs, what you can do is setup the new device as new, THEN register it for the beta, THEN get it upgraded to OS11, THEN get the OS11 cloud backup restored to it.
    06-29-2017 02:26 PM