Best non-subscription antivirus?

Sean Fanelli

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
Looking for a solid antivirus that won't kill me with ads or notifications, that won't kill resources, any suggestions? I really don't want to pay a yearly subscription.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
re:

Which device etc.? Assuming a windows PC for example with Win 7, 8.x, or 10 use Microsoft Security Essentials on 7. Or use the built in Windows Defender (renamed same thing basically) on 8.x and 10. Pair up any of those three scenarios with the free version of Malwarebytes.

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
re:

I personally don't use one with apple products. But that's just me. Anyway I think it won't be good to have two anti virus on one computer. But then again this is me.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
re:

Sorry should have specified, its a MacBook Pro

So I use a PC for a desktop so I'm not familiar with what all AV might be available, but Malwarebytes does have a version for Mac as well https://www.malwarebytes.com/mac/ Might be a good choice to go with since more often than not threats today are more adware/malware/etc. centered than the traditional viruses that spawned Norton, etc. as traditional "AV" software.

wilber1

Trusted Member
May 13, 2013
Visit site
re:

I have used Norton for years -Norton 360 premier and find it the best for anti virus and phishing and all around security also have malwarebytes that is a free subscription .

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
re:

If you go to the store you should be able to get it for about 30 or 40 dollars. This will last you a year. Or go on the norton website.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711