Question on family shared iCloud storage

eseerc

Oct 10, 2014
Visit site
Stemming from this article (https://www.imore.com/icloud-ios-11) it states

**Will I finally be able to share iCloud data with my family?

Your days of buying everyone in the house their own iCloud data plan (and having to guess how much each person should get!) are over.

For starters, Apple is making it rain with gigabytes, increasing the $9.99/month tier of iCloud storage from 1TB to 2TB. (The other tiers are unchanged: 5GB for free, 50GB for $0.99, and 200GB for $2.99.)

And yes, now you can share that data with your family, with up to six people using one storage plan for backups, files, and photos. Presumably, each family member's files are only available to that person, unlike, say, Family Sharing of iTunes, iBooks, and App Store content.

The 200GB and 2TB plans are eligible for sharing, not the smaller ones. Family Sharing for data launches with iOS 11 and macOS High Sierra this fall, but you can get the 2TB plan now.**

My question is this....

Do all family devices need to be running iOS 11/High Sierra in order to have this functionality or is it only required to set up the family sharing? Specifically, if I set this up on a device running the iOS11 public beta, will the shared data "trickle down" to all devices in my family that are not running it?

Thanks for your time

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner