My son, who has been part of my family plan for several years now has his own bank card. Is there a way, without removing him from the family plan to have his purchases paid for using his own card?
    06-24-2017 01:44 PM
    No.

But he can use that "bank card" to purchase an iTunes card (either physical or electronic) and then redeem the value of that iTunes card in his iTunes account and then his purchases will be charged against that balance first before using your card.
    Tartarus likes this.
    06-24-2017 08:17 PM
    Hi all,

I do have a problem in this area and have complained to Apple Support and also spoken to them - to no avail, maybe Rene can help highlight this issue as Apple Support Asia is not allowing me to escalate this issue further.

There are 5 of us in our iCloud family. 3 of us were subscribed to the 50 Gb storage plan. Then, I think 2 years ago, when Apple launched the Family sharing 2 Tb plan, I subscribed to it immediately. Then I included all the 5 of us to share my iCloud storage. When I tried to downgrade the other 2 accounts as they no longer need to pay for the 50 Gb plans, we were warned that they will loose everything.

So for the last 2 years + I have been getting 3 bills - 1 for the 2Tb family plan and 2 for the 50 Gb plans even though they are part of my family and are sharing storage with me. I recently tried again to unsubscribe the 2 50 Gb plans but a warning appears that they are leaving the family sharing storage space and will loose everything.

In principle, this does not sound right. Why are 2 of my family members paying for their 50 gb storage space when they are already part of my 2 Tb storage space (I have checked this many times and they are definitely sharing my storage space). Is it not right that I should see 2.1 Tb storage space instead of just 2 Tb (2Tb + 50 Gb + 50 Gb) if Apple still wants to charge me for all 3 accounts in my family sharing account?

Please Rene, if possible, escalate this issue to Apple in the US. We have very poor support here in Asia. I have fried my brains on the phone with them and they insist that everything is in order and refuse to let me speak to anyone higher.

Thank you.

Deepak
    08-28-2019 06:14 AM
    Hi there. While Rene has been known to visit the forums from time to time it’s not frequent so it’s not likely he’ll see this post. Furthermore, Rene is not affiliated with Apple so escalating matters up through Apple Support just isn’t something that can be done here.
    On to the actually matter at hand... It seems to me that backing up locally (i.e. onto an actual computer), removing the 50 GB iCloud plans, then joining the family plan would be your best option. It’s exactly what we did with my wife’s plan a few years back. What’s getting in the way from doing that? We have plenty of folks around here that are happy to help.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    08-28-2019 06:49 AM