I have an extensive photo collection (over 20k pics). I used to use iPhoto which is short on capabilities but I loved watching my photos through Apple TV. I had my pictures categorized by Events (birthdays, vacations, Christmas, etc.) and I could also choose to view by specific albums or faces. It was with great caution when I switched over to Photos. I got past the troublesome transition (face info did not make the transition, I had to relabel all the faces). So, when I finally tried to view my photos as a slideshow on Apple TV, I found out that there is no option to view as a slideshow. I have to click on each photo I want to view which is very stupid. The main reason I have Apple TV's around the house (5 of them) was to view my pictures and my home videos. Am I missing something? Is there really no option to view my photos as a slideshow? Any feedback would be helpful. I am seriously contemplating returning to iPhoto which means more work but it would be worth it. Thanks.
    06-23-2017 06:36 PM
    Hopefully, the iMore Blog information via the following link will be useful to you.

https://www.imore.com/how-to-use-photos-app-apple-tv
    06-24-2017 11:23 AM
    I am having the exact same problem. I just purchased the Apple TV 4 and cannot get it to do slideshows or set my photos as screensaver. It seems like something must be wrong since it shouldn't be that hard to do.
    06-26-2017 10:34 AM