Can't connect AppleTV remote app to my AppleTV

I

iMore Question

I just moved and am trying to set up my AppleTV. I long ago lost the remote so I use the AppleTV remote app on my IPhone. Problem is that my IPhone is not detecting the AppleTV. I get message to ensure my AppleTV is connected to the same wifi as my IPhone (my IPhone is connected to my new wifi) but since it is not detecting my AppleTV I cannot set the AppleTV to the new wifi network. Can anyone suggest a solution?

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Hi, welcome to imore,

If you remember the name and password of your previous wifi, you can set your new wifi to use that information instead.
Your TV will connect to it as it will think it’s connecting to a known wifi.

Or, and this is if you’re not allowed or able to rename the wifi and change it’s password, go to Settings > General About and change the name of your iPhone to the wifi that’s known by your TV, then go to Settings > Cellular > Personal Hotspot and change the wifi password in there to the wifi password from your previous wifi.

Now enable Personal hotspot and your Apple TV will automatically connect to your iPhone, allowing you to use the remote app to configure your TV to work with the new wifi.

Don’t forget to rename your iPhone back to whatever it was in the first place.

Good luck and If you have any questions please register here to our forum. We love to help.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR