Photo storage and memory management

I

iMore Question

I have too many pics for my phone, but have been told by Apple Store that putting them in iCloud and deleting them on the phone will delete them in the cloud too.. options?

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
Welcome to iMore.

I download mine to my iMac. Very easy to do with iTunes. Just create a folder on your computer be it a Mac or PC. Then when your phone is connected and iTunes is open, go to Photos option and direct you phone to sync with the folder you created. Move those images to a sub-folder. Then you can delete images on your phone and you still have the images saved on your computer. Thanks.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I upload my photos and videos to cloud apps like Box and Dropbox. Then delete from the camera roll. I've been managing my storage space that way a long time.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Mine are all stored in DropBox and Google Photos. Once they are uploaded there you can delete them from your phone. Alternatively, you can connect your device to your computer and save your photos there.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I use Google Photos! It works great, and you can access your photos from any smart device or PC/Mac. It's free and space is unlimited.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2