To start, I live in Prague. So I know that not all features are available (), but whenever I open Apple Maps here and tap on the search field, for about a second all of the options appear (shopping, clothing, etc), but then they all go away.

My first question is, why? Does this happen to everyone that lives somewhere that this isn't actually available? Whenever I'm back in the US it appears and works fine.

Second, I've been trying to use Apple Maps over Google Maps, but it just can't compete (yet). When I search for a store or something inside of Apple Maps, it almost never actually shows me anything in Prague. For example, I just searched for Luxor, a major bookstore here and I searched for the one on Wenceslas Square (perhaps the most important and famous place in Prague) and what came up? Luxor, Egypt?! Doing the exact same search in Google Maps showed me exactly where I needed to go. My question for this scenario is, again, why? Do I need to enable something?? Or is Apple Maps just crap anywhere outside of the US and China?

Third, maybe this is a DPP (Prague public transport) issue, but when I use transport directions, it doesn't give me times for the trams, buses, etc. It says just "every X minutes." (See picture)

I don't mean to bash Apple Maps and gush over Google Maps, but this is very frustrating.

06-16-2017 01:39 PM
    To start, I live in Prague. So I know that not all features are available (), but whenever I open Apple Maps here and tap on the search field, for about a second all of the options appear (shopping, clothing, etc), but then they all go away.

My first question is, why? Does this happen to everyone that lives somewhere that this isn't actually available? Whenever I'm back in the US it appears and works fine.

Second, I've been trying to use Apple Maps over Google Maps, but it just can't compete (yet). When I search for a store or something inside of Apple Maps, it almost never actually shows me anything in Prague. For example, I just searched for Luxor, a major bookstore here and I searched for the one on Wenceslas Square (perhaps the most important and famous place in Prague) and what came up? Luxor, Egypt?! Doing the exact same search in Google Maps showed me exactly where I needed to go. My question for this scenario is, again, why? Do I need to enable something?? Or is Apple Maps just crap anywhere outside of the US and China?

Third, maybe this is a DPP (Prague public transport) issue, but when I use transport directions, it doesn't give me times for the trams, buses, etc. It says just "every X minutes." (See picture)

I don't mean to bash Apple Maps and gush over Google Maps, but this is very frustrating.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...716d2e0f5d.png
    Depending on in what country you use Apple Maps, it works great or not.

I find that Apple Maps has improved a lot in the Netherlands when compared to the previous years.
    I use it quite often when I’m on foot or on the bike. Especially since it has been updated with public transportation information I have to say I’m in love with it.
    06-16-2017 02:22 PM
    Depending on in what country you use Apple Maps, it works great or not.

I find that Apple Maps has improved a lot in the Netherlands when compared to the previous years.
    I use it quite often when I’m on foot or on the bike. Especially since it has been updated with public transportation information I have to say I’m in love with it.
    That's why I want to use it as my primary maps app, and in the US, it is. I always use it when driving there and it's wonderful. It just doesn't seem to be there yet for the Czech Republic
    06-16-2017 04:20 PM
    That's why I want to use it as my primary maps app, and in the US, it is. I always use it when driving there and it's wonderful. It just doesn't seem to be there yet for the Czech Republic
    You probably don’t want to hear this or heard it often enough but give it some time.
    I’m still desperate for Pay to be introduced in the Netherlands
    06-16-2017 04:21 PM
    You probably don’t want to hear this or heard it often enough but give it some time.
    I’m still desperate for Pay to be introduced in the Netherlands
    HA! Don't get me started on wanting Apple Pay here!
    Tartarus likes this.
    06-16-2017 04:27 PM

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...716d2e0f5d.png
    A little off topic, sorry, but I went to Prague last year and fell absolutely in love with the city. It must be so beautiful to live there. So congratulations!. Btw I tried to use Apple maps thereand it would lead me to nice restaurants, though. I live in Argentina and maps are not that great here either... I guess the US are always a few steps ahead of the rest of the world when it comes to these things. Enjoy your beautiful city!
    Tartarus likes this.
    06-17-2017 07:42 PM