No cases for 2017 iPad Pro

lcasta

Jun 13, 2017
Visit site
For some reason, Apple no longer makes a case for the back of the iPad Pro. Because the 2017 version is slightly different than the 2015 version which I now own, I cannot use the 2015 case I now have on my new iPad Pro; and Apple does sell a similar product for the 2017 version. This is a great disappoint because the 2015 case kept my iPad in mint condition without scratches. Cosmetic condition is very important for resale at maximum value. The iPad Pro sleeve, which Apple is now selling, is a much more cumbersome way to use the iPad than the case. Every time I charge my new iPad, I will have to do so with it outside the sleeve because there is no hole for the charger cable at the bottom of the sleeve. I hope that Apple will begin to make a case for the new iPad Pros similar to the case for the 2015 model. I would like to keep my $1000 investment looking good for resale in a few years. Does anyone know of a similar case to replace the one Apple isn't making?

Last edited:

MikeElmendorf

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
This has prompted me to not buy the new iPad yet. I want a silicone case for the back while I have the Apple Smart Keyboard Cover on the front.

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
Yes I was very disappointed that it wasn't available.
Bought the Smart Cover.
Not comfortable with the back exposed.
There was a post on iMore yesterday that listed 12 3rd party alternatives but I'm in a position to find it.
I believe it was indabaa dot com.
Good Luck

evanking527

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
It always gets better with time. In a couple weeks there will be plenty of 3rd party cases and keyboards. Keep checking on iMore, as they tend to write good reviews for Apple alternatives and inexpensive accessories.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77