Hi everyone,

I'm having trouble posting gifs to twitter. I have an iP7+ through Verizon running 10.3.1. Here are the things I have tried:

1) Creating a gif out of a live photo with Google's Motion Stills app and sharing it directly to twitter using the build in share menu via the official twitter app and tweetings for twitter. This results in a blurry photo being posted to twitter instead of the gif....as if just one of the frames is being shared.

2) Saving a gif (both from the Motion Stills app and from other sources, ie Reddit) to the camera roll and sharing to twitter from there....same result.

I have deleted and reinstalled all apps involved to no avail.

If I share the gif to another app (messages for example) from the camera roll or Motion Still it goes through just fine.

Any ideas?

Thanks & Cheers
    06-10-2017 04:40 PM
    I’m not sure but it seems like twitter for iOS doesn’t support this future yet.

Did you try sharing that photo directly from Google’s Motion Stills app?
    Sophos likes this.
    06-10-2017 07:35 PM
    I post gifs to Twitter all the time on the Twitter app from my 6s Plus. Just do as you would a photo. Maybe Motion Stills is your problem.
    I use Lively. I just tested it converting a live photo to a gif, then posted it to Twitter. Worked like a charm.

Lively - Export Live Photo to GIF and Movie by Tiny Whale Pte. Ltd.
    https://appsto.re/us/LjvK-.i
    Last edited by Ledsteplin; 06-10-2017 at 08:50 PM.
    Sophos likes this.
    06-10-2017 08:38 PM
    Thank you both. It seems like other folks are able to accomplish what I am trying to do through Motion Stills. I'll check out Lively, thanks for the recommendation.

-Cheers
    06-11-2017 12:50 AM
    Thank you both. It seems like other folks are able to accomplish what I am trying to do through Motion Stills. I'll check out Lively, thanks for the recommendation.

-Cheers
    It might not be that. But Lively works for me. I also have Motion Stills. But didn't test it. It could be a different issue. Be sure when you post to Twitter, you use the same camera button as with a regular photo.
    06-11-2017 05:54 AM