I read this article on payette forward that hard reset with power and home button can lead to major problems including battery drain.

"When you hard reset your iPhone, it cuts power to the logic board for a split second and you interrupt these processes abruptly. This used to cause more problems than it does today. Here’s why:

Apple builds in lots of safeguards to make file corruption almost impossible in the iPhone filesystem. If you want to read the real heady stuff, Adam Leventhal’s blog post about the iPhone’s new APFS filesystem explains how it works.

When you have a choice, however, turn your iPhone off and back on the way Apple wants you to: Press and hold the power button until slide to power off appears on the screen and swipe across the screen with your finger.

Malfunctioning processes can cause issues that cause iPhones to get hot or their batteries to drain quickly. In other words, hard resetting your iPhone can lead to major problems down the line."

I had to do a hard reset and I downloaded this battery app on my iPhone SE to see if the battery got worse and I saw the battery capacity is at 1600/1624 mAh. I had the phone for 3 months now. Did the hard reset make it lose 24 mAh?
    06-08-2017 11:49 AM
    I read this article on payette forward that hard reset with power and home button can lead to major problems including battery drain.

"When you hard reset your iPhone, it cuts power to the logic board for a split second and you interrupt these processes abruptly. This used to cause more problems than it does today. Here’s why:

Apple builds in lots of safeguards to make file corruption almost impossible in the iPhone filesystem. If you want to read the real heady stuff, Adam Leventhal’s blog post about the iPhone’s new APFS filesystem explains how it works.

When you have a choice, however, turn your iPhone off and back on the way Apple wants you to: Press and hold the power button until slide to power off appears on the screen and swipe across the screen with your finger.

Malfunctioning processes can cause issues that cause iPhones to get hot or their batteries to drain quickly. In other words, hard resetting your iPhone can lead to major problems down the line."

I had to do a hard reset and I downloaded this battery app on my iPhone SE to see if the battery got worse and I saw the battery capacity is at 1600/1624 mAh. I had the phone for 3 months now. Did the hard reset make it lose 24 mAh?
    That seems normal for 3 months worth of use. Not to mention depending on how you charge it and how often, that can cause more strain on the battery as well.
    06-08-2017 12:17 PM

Never heard of this. Which battery app did you use? I'd like to try.
    06-08-2017 10:56 PM