Can't activate "Hey Siri"

cMc

Dec 26, 2009
Visit site
Just bought my son a used iPhone 6s. Updated to the latest software version. Tried setting up "Hey Siri" but it would not activate. When it prompts me to read the sentence, the multicolored line remains flat like the mic is turned off. I then have to end the activation process.

When I press the home button Siri works without issue. Any thoughts?

linsiris

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Hello there

Well, that's odd and can be very frustrating too.

Why don't you try (if you haven't yet) to turn completely off then back on the iPhone or if that doesn't work, try soft resetting the iPhone by holding down the power button + the home button for about 10 secs until the phone reboots and try again.

If nothing seems to work, try restoring the phone once again (I know, it can be a pain) maybe it can be an error of some sort.

Let us know how that goes.

good luck :)

cMc

Dec 26, 2009
Visit site
Hello there

Well, that's odd and can be very frustrating too.

Why don't you try (if you haven't yet) to turn completely off then back on the iPhone or if that doesn't work, try soft resetting the iPhone by holding down the power button + the home button for about 10 secs until the phone reboots and try again.

If nothing seems to work, try restoring the phone once again (I know, it can be a pain) maybe it can be an error of some sort.

Let us know how that goes.

good luck :)

Sorry for the delay,

Yeah I did try resetting it multiple times.
I was actually in the process of setting the phone up as a "new" (not restored from back up) phone. I bought a used 6s for my son on Swappa. I updated it to IOS 10. Turned on "Hey Siri", but it would not activate.

I was worried it was a hardware issue, like the microphone wasn't working, but no problems with when he speaks on telephone calls. He can also activate Siri by depressing the home button. The phone "hears" and responds appropriately.

I offered to return it, but I would have had a better chance of him voluntarily pulling his own wisdom teeth than giving up that phone.

Otherwise no real issues. Kinda weird.

Christian_Huls

Dec 28, 2018
Visit site
I'm having the same issue. My wife got a new iPhone X, so I reset her six and then restored my backup on it. I've tried resetting the phone again, but no dice. It worked for her when she was using it...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2