I have got a new iphone7 today, after signing in there is a 3 month call history and someone elses contacts, is there a reason this could happen other than it belonged to someone else??
    thanks
    michaelsarge1126 and aximtreo like this.
    06-04-2017 05:36 AM
    Welcome to iMore! When you first turned the phone on did it prompt you to set it up (signing with your Apple ID, setting a passcode, setting up Touch ID, etc.)? If it just went to your home screen without any setup then you got a used phone. Not only did the seller send you a used iPhone by t they didn't even have the decency to wipe the phone clean to protect the prior owner's privacy. Return the phone and buy it somewhere else if you're concerned. If you bought from eBay or another online marketplace I'd report the user for selling used goods advertised as new. Whether or not you keep the device you should go to Settings > General > Reset, then select Erase All Content and Settings. Hopefully it lets you considering it's signed in with someone else's Apple ID. Once the process is complete the iPhone will be returned back to factory settings.

If you actually had to set the phone up and you're seeing call history and contacts that aren't yours it could be an issue with your Apple ID being compromised. If this is the case I recommend going to http://appleid.apple.com, changing your password, and making sure that your profile and other information are correct.
    06-04-2017 06:37 AM
    Deleted
    Last edited by michaelsarge1126; 06-08-2017 at 05:56 AM.
    maiamoo2015 likes this.
    06-04-2017 06:52 AM
    Thanks for the reply

Its a new contract phone from a large retail phone shop, the sim is from my last phone ,iCloud isn't on and the names on both the contact list and call log are unknown to us,??
    06-04-2017 08:50 AM
    Thanks for the reply.. yes I had to do the set up but iCloud wasn't on and I don't know any of the names or calls.. It came from a large phone retailer on a new contract..
    06-04-2017 08:54 AM
    Thanks for the reply.. yes I had to do the set up but iCloud wasn't on and I don't know any of the names or calls.. It came from a large phone retailer on a new contract..
    Have you owned any other Apple devices that you've sold or given away without first wiping them clean? It's possible someone else is using your Apple ID without realizing. Go to Settings, tap on your Apple ID at the very top, and review the list of devices that are currently using your Apple ID. If you no longer own anything listed there tap on it and then select Remove From Account at the very bottom.

I reiterate, change your Apple ID password!

If you're still having an issue I highly recommend visiting an Apple Store ASAP or contacting Apple Support if you aren't near a physical store. Something is going on that shouldn't be.
    aximtreo likes this.
    06-04-2017 09:09 AM
    Important question is even though you purchased it from a big name retailer is, "did they break the original shrink wrap in front of you?"
    06-04-2017 11:03 AM