I don't use a screen protector my personal preference, however I recently found an invisible scratch that is like a super small spot that i can feel with my finger, but it's literally invisible. I'm very certain I didn't abuse the phone and I kept it in the official leather case. Is it normal?
    05-30-2017 05:04 AM
    Welcome to iMore!

A scratch isn't magic, so it won't just spontaneously appear. However, the coating on the screen can be scratched with a piece of dirt in a pocket. My iPhone 5 scratched within the first week, and I kept my pockets clean. Still managed to get something in there that scratched it but nothing else was in my pocket. I did find putting a screen protector on it made it "disappear" in that I never saw it again unless I changed screen protectors. I know you don't prefer screen protectors, but if it's bothering you, you might find that to solve the issue of feeling the scratch.

Since the leather case doesn't cover the screen, doesn't really matter that you were using it.

How old is the phone?
    05-30-2017 05:54 AM
    I don't use screen protectors. I discovered a tiny scratch on my old iPhone 4, but could only see it turned I the light a certain way. Could not feel it. It never bothered me, but I wondered how it got there. I don't use one on my 6s Plus. I've had it for over a year and a half, and so far no scratches. But anything can happen. If the scratch is where it bothers you, put a protective screen on. That way you won't feel it.
    05-30-2017 06:14 AM
    It only requires something harder than the screen to pass over it with a little pressure, make sure you shake out anything you use to clean your screen with, anyone who wears spectacles will have come across this nessacery action.
    05-30-2017 08:14 AM
    Dirt is small sand particles. Sand scratches glass. Period. All it takes is to have a speck of dirt in you pocket or on your finger for it to scratch.
    05-30-2017 09:47 PM
    I use tempered glass screen protectors and they have gotten scratched. It is exactly the reason I keep my screen covered.
    Last edited by firedept10; 06-01-2017 at 09:19 PM.
    05-30-2017 10:50 PM
    I don't use a screen protector my personal preference, however I recently found an invisible scratch that is like a super small spot that i can feel with my finger, but it's literally invisible. I'm very certain I didn't abuse the phone and I kept it in the official leather case. Is it normal?
    Welcome to iMore. 😃 Sorry to hear about your phone being scratched. It's never nice when this happens. Even when I take great care of my phone it still gets damaged after a couple months.

I want to say yes it's normal because these types of scratches can appear when any sort of dirt gets into the case and pushes up against the screen. Sand is quite popular at scratching. I would say, if you can't see it then don't worry about it. 😃

Would also agree with other members and say, a screen protector would be a good option if you want to guarantee your phone stays scratch free. Obviously it's up to you. Your case should be good enough. Just maybe clean it now and then to ensure nothing is inside.
    05-31-2017 12:23 AM