Safe screen cleaners

ArGiEs

Jan 23, 2010
Visit site
Hey all,
I just found out why you don't use alcohol-based wipes on iPhone screen protectors—that is, it takes off the fingerprint resistance coating. What is safe to use on these screens? Camera lens cleaners, perhaps?

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Your shirt or jeans are the safest things to clean your screen. Thought everyone knew that.

But seriously, I don't use anything on my screen. A clean dry piece of terry cloth is the extent of it for me.

SN: I do often use my shirt too haha

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm one of those people that's constantly cleaning their screen, I might even be considered OCD. With that being said, my screen doesn't get that dirty, mostly just fingerprints so water and a quality micro fiber cloth works great for me. Chemicals of any kind never see/touch my screen or Jet Black 7 Plus and it still looks like the day I removed it from that black box.

wilber1

Trusted Member
May 13, 2013
Visit site
I have used whoosh for cleaning iPhone ,keyboard,iPad,glasses and tv screen with no problems I used to use the cheap cleaners at Target ect. and have found Whoosh to be much more effective and is non-toxic and alcohol and ammonia free . shopping.jpg

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I have recently been using Whoosh as well. I also use pre-moistened wipes that I get from Walmart. They are by Zeiss. Then of course, I also use a soft microfiber cloth.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73