iOS iMovie import pictures

kingweb

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
I want to use iMovie on my ipad to create a slideshow/video.
However, it seems like it only lets me use pictures and videos that are in the Apple photos library, and not image/video files stored elsewhere.

I don't want to import these images/videos to my apple photos library. I am doing this project for someone else, and I don't need their 5000 pictures in my photos library.

Any suggestions?

kingweb

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Using iOS, I can't import any pics that are not in the Apple Photos.

On a Mac, iMovie allows using pics from anywhere. Any image stored on the hard drive, or flashdrive, etc. Doesn't have to be in Apple Photos.

SwitchBeach

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
But I think the question was can you not import into the Photos app on your iPad those pictures from the other person? And then use them in iMovie from there?

kingweb

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Yes I can, but I don't want all those pictures (about 3000) mixed in with mine. They are not my pictures and I don't want them.
Since I posted the original post, I found that I can send a SINGLE picture at a time from 3rd party file storage app like Documents 5 into iMovie. This is great, however, 1 at a time is horrible. On my Mac, I can import them in bulk.

I must say, I REALLY wanted Apple's vision of making my iPad Pro 12.9 into my main computer. But that is just a fantasy. I love my iPad, but sorry Apple, it just doesn't cut it with many tasks. Unusable and impractical for many things.

SwitchBeach

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Okay. Yeah, if you are making a slideshow/video with 3000-5000 pictures, importing them in bulk on a computer might be a better option.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro