I NEED HELP! iPad or Nintendo switch?

MDaza

May 11, 2017
Visit site
I NEED HELP. I do not know anything about video games. My son is 6 years old and through his cousins ​​started in the video games, specifically in IPad, wants for his birthday a tablet to play, but considered that a tablet is more than games, what do you would do as parents?, what do you will buying IPad or Nintendo Switch?

jmr1015

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
In my opinion, unless the price of an iPad is complete disposable to you, I would be cautious buying an iPad for such a young child. Perhaps an Amazon Fire tablet as a first tablet, to see how well they care for it? The Fire tablet is like $59, and has plenty of games kids can play.

Carjackd

Trusted Member
Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
IPad, and get a case to make it bullet proof. Both my children have used iPads from an early age . Great for their education. Btw... check out the app A+ Spelling test

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
IPad. Will allow you to use Restrictions on it. This will allow you to control the content of what your son can do on the iPad. And what he can download.

Carjackd

Trusted Member
Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
The one thing I will make you aware of, down the road the iPad won't be as helpful with the school part with respect to presentations. A full on laptop or Mac Book is better for this, but with respect to lite gaming and other educational apps the iPad works well. Both my boys by the age of 9 went to laptops (but still have iPads around) to handle their school presentations, especially for combining Tech with education , actually I can show you what I mean if I can find the link . My sons project was posted on a tech educational site a few years back "how to build a house". Where he took (screen shots off his iPad via minecraft, and put them in a Google presentation which he was able to use an Samsung tablet to present from

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
Out of those 2 options I would definitely recommend the iPad. You can set restrictions on certain things like App downloads and website access.

However, I do think giving a 6 year old something that costs $400+ is risky. Kids might not know the value of something and it may get potentially broken. If there is parental vision while he is using it then it's fine. 😃

Load it will lots of fun educational games. Maybe pick up a refurbished model to save a couple extra bucks. Good luck!

Carjackd

Trusted Member
Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
Out of those 2 options I would definitely recommend the iPad. You can set restrictions on certain things like App downloads and website access.

However, I do think giving a 6 year old something that costs $400+ is risky. Kids might not know the value of something and it may get potentially broken. If there is parental vision while he is using it then it's fine. 😃

Load it will lots of fun educational games. Maybe pick up a refurbished model to save a couple extra bucks. Good luck!
With a good solid case , most kids I'm my kids school have them..or some form of tablet

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
With a good solid case , most kids I'm my kids school have them..or some form of tablet

I suppose, maybe just get a nice protective case with some drop protection and things should be fine. I just remember when i was around 11 years old, i really wanted Pokémon cards and i had no idea how expensive they were. I just saw them as cards and a lot of them got broken so thats why I'm hesitant to give a child something expensive :)

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
No one has mentioned the elephant in the room! You won't be able to find a Nintendo Switch! They are near impossible to get, and to get for retail. You can only buy them on the after market at twice retail. So get Nintendo switch out of your mind! As someone said the Fire Tablet is a great idea. Also an iPad is ok, BUT whatever direction you go make SURE you get a special "kid" case for it, they do sell them. They have extra padding to protect against drops and such.

Carjackd

Trusted Member
Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
This is true, although my local eb games gets a couple units a week in. You just have to pop in there daily. But pk is right they are very difficult to get your hands on

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2