Dust in iPhone case normal?

I

iMore Question

I am bit OCD and I would like to know whether it's normal for the iPhone to collect some dust even with the leather case on. I keep taking it off and examine the phone for up to 10 mins to see if it's 100% dust free then put it back on, then do it again the next day.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Which leather case? If it's Apple's leather case it's normal for dust to build up around the camera but the fit should be tight enough that it doesn't get underneath the case.

MizWylie

Champion
Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
Leather cases probably aren't the best choice if you're looking for dust protection, unfortunately. You'd have to take it on and off quite a bit which would eventually wear on the case.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Almost any case will collect dust inside over time. I take my phone out almost daily and wipe it down and then wipe the case out a little. Not so much because I am OCD about the dust. I just usually use my phone without a case when I am on the couch at night and it's a good time to clean it off.

The only case that might be totally dust free would be one of the waterproof cases like LifeProof. I don't use them though so I can't be 100% sure.

MizWylie

Champion
Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
Almost any case will collect dust inside over time. I take my phone out almost daily and wipe it down and then wipe the case out a little. Not so much because I am OCD about the dust. I just usually use my phone without a case when I am on the couch at night and it's a good time to clean it off.

The only case that might be totally dust free would be one of the waterproof cases like LifeProof. I don't use them though so I can't be 100% sure.

Lifeproof cases really have you covered if you own one. I have four, and I swear by them. Have never noticed any dust invasion.

wilber1

Trusted Member
May 13, 2013
Visit site
Yes I do find some dust under my Apple leather case when I take it off but not enough to be overly concerned about .

brian_84

Nov 22, 2016
Visit site
Dust and debris will always find its way down the sides but it's nothing to worry about. If it's small enough to get down the sides of a case it's unlikely to be too abrasive.

spantch101

Trusted Member
May 2, 2017
Visit site
Dust is very typical in almost all cases. I found otterboxes (defender) trapped a lot of dust and left micro scratches all over the devices

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods