Hi who thinks Apple will drastically overhaul iTunes come WWDC or even have 2 separate apps similar to iOS an iTunes store app and Apple music app. I heard rumours of an "Apple Music" Store

iTunes needs a bad redesign in my opinion

what do you guys think
    05-02-2017 04:33 PM
    I'm all for unity. I have no issues in using iTunes whatsoever. It does what I want from it and I like it for what it is.
    05-02-2017 04:37 PM
    I really haven't given it any thought, to be quite honest. I mean, the only time I use iTunes is when I do an iTunes backup. I don't burn any CDs any more so my iTunes use has dwindled to the level of rarely use. Anyway, hopefully others who have given it more thought will reply soon.
    05-02-2017 04:37 PM
    Dont get me wrong i love itunes i just think its time for it to be changed is all
    05-02-2017 05:05 PM
    I'm all for unity. I have no issues in using iTunes whatsoever. It does what I want from it and I like it for what it is.
    I agree. I have a massive music library and sizable movie, TV, and other libraries—and iTunes manages them all well.

Sure, there's always room for refinement. I have quibbles (e.g., the annoyance of having to click to choose, when searching, between "My Library" or "Apple Music"; and the fact that the Year field in the Song list can't be pop-edited).

But is it in need of an "overhaul"? In my opinion, no. iTunes 12 was an overhaul, and it generally works quite well.
    Tartarus likes this.
    05-13-2017 04:12 AM
    I recently heard that iTunes was launching in the Windows mobile store, so that's pretty positive for Windows users. They might announce that at WWDC.

With regards to a new iTunes version. I'm quite happy where we are. We get caught up in this, 'we need a new version because it's a new year' nonsense. If Apple just make fine improvements here and there, I'll be happy 😃
    05-13-2017 06:37 AM
    Yeah I like me iTunes too and it works well but there's still a few bugs here and there. I just think a ui enhancement would be nice but yes I agree overall it's great

At least it's not Spotify

99 problems but Spotify ain't 1 lol
    Tartarus likes this.
    05-13-2017 08:59 AM
    One app to rule them all.
    samduffy likes this.
    05-13-2017 09:44 AM
    Yeah. I heard they're going to rebrand iTunes as Apple Music and the iTunes Store will become Apple Music store so maybe that might happen
    05-13-2017 06:29 PM
    Yeah. I heard they're going to rebrand iTunes as Apple Music and the iTunes Store will become Apple Music store so maybe that might happen
    Interesting, I did hear some whispers about this. I also saw that Apple re-branded the iTunes Podcasts directory as Apple Podcasts and included new badges for publishers to use. So this whole rebrand thing might actually be true.

But I like iTunes 😶
    05-14-2017 12:55 AM