How can I download a video from a link I get in message?

eksbacha

Apr 20, 2017
Visit site
I'm looking for a browser which can download a video from the link I receive as SMS.

Apple's default Safari browser doesn't let the users to download the videos. I tried QQ browser for iOS which works but the problem is the UI is in Chinese.

Is there any other options?
The process I am looking is when I click the link, it opens a browser(or a video downloader program) and the video gets downloaded to the device.

Thank you in advance.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Why won't you go to that link on a computer, download it there, put it on the cloud and download it to your iPhone? It may sound a bit too much work but you could save the file directly to your Dropbox (or, really, any other cloud-service).

eksbacha

Apr 20, 2017
Visit site
As you said, a bit too much work.. I really need a simplified process so I can suggest not-so-tech-savvy people around me..
Anyway thanks for that idea too. :)

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Another idea is to create a YouTube channel with all those videos and have people subscribe to that channel. All videos will be available for them and it won't take space on their iDevices.

eksbacha

Apr 20, 2017
Visit site
I thought of that idea before, but the videos are supposed to be private.. and downloadable too.. so we created a file server ourselves. The idea is to send the user-created video from any devices to the server and the server send the text message to someone the user wants.
Android directly downloads the video from the link. So I'm looking for a similar service?browser? that can do download it.

Alternatively, I used "nPlayer Plus", for which I need to copy the link and paste inside the app to download the video or to play.. but as I already mentioned, I'm trying to find a simpler one.

DarlaMack

Apple TV Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm looking for a browser which can download a video from the link I receive as SMS.

Apple's default Safari browser doesn't let the users to download the videos. I tried QQ browser for iOS which works but the problem is the UI is in Chinese.

Is there any other options?
The process I am looking is when I click the link, it opens a browser(or a video downloader program) and the video gets downloaded to the device.

Thank you in advance.

Have you tried copying the link from iMessage and opening it up in Google Chrome for iOS?
Also... when you open the link in Safari does the video play? You should be able to click the icon at the bottom of your page and select "Save to Camera Roll".

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR