iphone6s 64g or iphone7 32g?

I

iMore Question

which on would you buy?
the upgraded specs or the increased storage?

im coming from an iphone 5s 16g which was almost full

thanks a lot

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Normally I would want to know how long do you plan to keep it? If it's a while I'd get the 6s with the larger storage. But since you're upgrading from a 5s, looks like you keep them for a while so I'd be tempted to say the 7 as it's got the newer spec and should last longer with iOS updates, etc., but you'll need to manage your storage a bit more. Still double what you had with the 16gb.

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
Warm welcome to iMore and thanks for the question :)

If you plan on keeping the device for 3 years or more, I would definitely recommend the iPhone 6s with 64GB storage. That extra store will help you in the long run.

If you just want to keep it for 2 years, then the 32GB iPhone 7 should be fine. It all depends on how much you intend storing.

Do you take a lot of photos and video? Do you like having lots of Apps? :)

mosbie86

Mar 22, 2017
Visit site
you know how it is.. the more space you have ..the more photos, app , songs you install.. it is never enough.
2 years ago the 32g model was perfect in my opinion but nowdays i dont know

i imagine around 7 gb of apps
around 1000 photos
few videos
around 5 gigs of music...
i dont think 4k video is a feature i will use often

Im somehow sceptical buying a 2 year old phone like the 6s .. although i know its fast enough for now.

the thing is some apps like fb instagram and others get bigger and bigger over time and use.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
you know how it is.. the more space you have ..the more photos, app , songs you install.. it is never enough.
2 years ago the 32g model was perfect in my opinion but nowdays i dont know
OP (you?) has been using a 16gb phone, though it's full, for several years. Space is doubling.

i imagine around 7 gb of apps
around 1000 photos
few videos
around 5 gigs of music...
i dont think 4k video is a feature i will use often

Im somehow sceptical buying a 2 year old phone like the 6s .. although i know its fast enough for now.

the thing is some apps like fb instagram and others get bigger and bigger over time and use.
I hear you. And I also think something to consider is how those apps will work several years from now with a slower device. 6s is still very good, so it's definitely a difficult decision!

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Like everyone else said, it really depends on how you use and how long you are keeping it. There are pluses and minuses to both. Personally if I had to pick between those two, I would choose 6s and 64gb. I know 32gb isn't enough for me. I can make 64gb work though. The 6s is still a a good phone and will get updates for a few more years.

Can't go wrong with either though. Good luck!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73