Macbook Air

I

iMore Question

I'm thinking of purchasing a MacBook Air as I'm looking into going back to school. I will only need it for reading, testing, and some light video watching. I know the MB Air will handle these tasks now but I worry that it will soon become obsolete. I'm trying not to overspend on a computer but I don't want to be sorry in a few years. Bottom line: should I stick with MacBook Air or purchase MacBook Pro to future proof my purchase.

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the question and welcome to iMore :)

This is always a tough question to answer since we never know which direction Apple is going in. Their lineup is a little bit of a mess at the moment. We have the air line which is thicker than the Macbook Pro but then we have the Macbook that could be replacing the Air? When looking at thickness, we have the Macbook Air at 0.68 inches, Macbook Pro at 0.59 inches and the Macbook at 0.52 inches.

The 2015 Macbook Pro is around $1,299.00 (NEW) but could be find for <$1,000 (used / 2nd hand)
The Macbook Air is around $1,149.00 (with i7 processor) so you getting a lot more value with the Macbook Pro for only $100 more.

So i would say, look for some deals on the 2015 Macbook Pro and see if you can find the cash for it. With a 1440p screen and super fast storage speed. It will last you a long time. :) Mine is currently 6 years old and still working wonderfully.

linsiris

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Hello there

I agree in that the MBA can handle all these tasks and probably still will some years from now. But considering where everything is going, how about getting a Macbook 12"? is terrific device, will handle what you need and more, very slim fast and with retina (you know, for those videos).

That's my suggestion based on your needs.

Cheers

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2