iPhone screen scratches over time?

I

iMore Question

If you don't use a screen protector will it scratch over time the more you use it? Like the usual wear and tear.

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
Welcome to iMore.

Yes it is a possibility that it will scratch over time depending on your individual use. Anytime anything gets up against the screen there is the chance it could get scratch. I use a screen protector for two reasons. One scratch & break protection. The other is that my screen protector is a privacy screen protector. Thanks!

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I've been using my 6s Plus since September 2015 without a screen protector, and have no scratches or nicks at all. It's all how you take care of it. I do use an Otterbox Commuter case to protect from falls.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I have owned a 4 iPhones which I got brand new, with the 5S being the last, that didn't have a lot of scratches. But, after an accident, I had to buy a temporary second hand iPhone 6 and that one had a lot of miniscule scratches all over the screen. So when I got my current iPhone 7 Plus I had a screen protector placed.
Right now I'm on my third screen protector in 6 months.
All I wanna say is, the larger the screen the easier it is to get scratches on it.

wilber1

Trusted Member
May 13, 2013
Visit site
One of the first things I do when I get a new iPhone is get a screen protector I have scratched the screen with keys in pocket or whatever and once its scratched it scratched and it will bug you so yes I would be safe and install a screen protector .

anon(5719825)

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
Yes, it will most likely scratch but most be so small that you can only see them if the light shines on the right way.

My 6S got a permanent smudge on it barely a week after I bought it. It can only be seen under the right lighting so I never really ever see it.

I have screen protectors on my 6S+ and 6S but never bothered for my 6S and probably won't for my SE either.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77