Hello

Is there any different between icloud sync vs icloud backup ?

What I want to do is to sync my safari, contact book, notes, calender, reminder, games center, etc to all my ios and mac device, but I don't need to backup (since i'm using free icloud space)

If i turn off the icloud backup, will these app still sync among devices ?

Thx
    03-31-2017 10:42 AM
    Yes they will continue syncing.
    Backup is only to make sure you can restore your iPhone to the point the backup was made.
    This is extremely handy if you loose your iPhone, if you buy a new iPhone and so on and so on.
    I don't recommend disabling iCloud Backup at all.
    Hendri kusliawan likes this.
    03-31-2017 10:52 AM
    Thx for your information

I have limited icloud storage for back up LOL

As long as my contact is safe in icloud, i think it's ok, i guess, i will turn on icloud backup for my primary ios device only (for whatsapp and sms backup)

Thx
    Tartarus likes this.
    03-31-2017 12:50 PM
    Thx for your information

I have limited icloud storage for back up LOL

As long as my contact is safe in icloud, i think it's ok, i guess, i will turn on icloud backup for my primary ios device only (for whatsapp and sms backup)

Thx
    Apple's iCloud storage plans start at $0.99 a month for 50 gigs. That's $12/year for 50 gigs of storage.
    03-31-2017 01:33 PM
    Be sure to delete a lot if things before a back up. The photos in Recently deleted, messages (especially photos and videos), etc.
    03-31-2017 06:43 PM
    Apple's iCloud storage plans start at $0.99 a month for 50 gigs. That's $12/year for 50 gigs of storage.
    Yes, not to expensive, but Free 5gb should be enough for me since my pictures are backed up to google photo, music is also from applemusic, only whatsapp and sms need to be backup
    04-02-2017 06:25 AM
    Be sure to delete a lot if things before a back up. The photos in Recently deleted, messages (especially photos and videos), etc.
    Can i choose not to backup photo ? Or choose only particular app for back up ?
    04-02-2017 06:26 AM
    Yes, not to expensive, but Free 5gb should be enough for me since my pictures are backed up to google photo, music is also from applemusic, only whatsapp and sms need to be backup
    True. But after I got all my files transferred from Google Drive to iCloud, all my photos, and backing up several mobile devices every night, I hit 5 gigs rather quick.
    04-02-2017 07:32 AM