Sharing analytics, diagnostics, and usage information with Apple... Yay or Nay

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
After just updating to 10.3 on both my iPhone and iPad, I got a prompt asking me if I wanted to share analytics, diagnostics, and usage information with Apple. I thought about it, and figured why not... if it helps them help us.

So I'm wondering what other people here have done, or what you think about this. Is it a good thing? Are there potential problems that I didn't think about?

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I share the information. I have nothing against it. It helps provide the best product and the best services. They say our personal information is not shared and remains secure. So the only other info we may determine personal would be our location information.

Ecm

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
I've allowed it on my devices. If there are any bugs, how can we expect Apple to address them without the system info from our devices. Sharing with the app developers is a bit different, though. I said no to the "allow all", then address apps within their options. Some I'll trust, but not all.

Alistair Ward

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
I don't, because I always turn off things that I don't need in order to get the best battery life. I presume sending off diagnostics will take up some power, even if by a little, and I don't see any short term benefit of it for me personally.

Okay it could improve Apple's products and services in the future, but is that directly from sending off issues you have? If it's a real problem on your device, just go into Apple..

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
It doesn't bother me as long as it's confidential. If it means less bugs and better security I'm all for it.

jmr1015

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
I share. I have nothing to hide, and I'd rather contribute any helpful information I can, as it stands to help us all in the long run. The more info they get, they should be able to tackle any issues easier faster and more thoroughly with each subsequent update

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2