Hi please can anyone help.

I have just bought an iPhone 6 plus for my teen. I'm going to set it up tonight.
    I thought I had covered everything but read online that you can use google maps app to get online and bypass restrictions

Is there a way to block this app?

Would using the "certain sites only" restriction block other apps too?

Your help would be most appreciated
    03-17-2017 09:14 AM
    Not sure how old your son is but the Google Maps application has a rating of 12+. So you could restrict all applications at that level or higher.
    03-17-2017 09:41 AM
    Thanks Quis89

I believe this is an apple Prem installed app.

So in theory if I restricted all apps to the lowest age would this stop them all connecting?

My son is 12 I don't want him online unless he is home with me around.
    03-17-2017 10:45 AM
    Thanks Quis89

So in theory if I restricted all apps to the lowest age would this stop them all connecting?

Hi, Maps installed by default cannot be used to bypass anything but can also be deleted in iOS 10!
    Google maps is downloaded from the App Store so if you have concerns don't download it.

If you setup Family Sharing you'll be able to add you son to the family and because he is under 13 he will have Ask to Buy enabled by default.
    This give the illusion of freedom by letting him access the App Store but gives you the ability to deny him downloading apps.

I've set this up alongside restrictions for my 9yo on my old 5s and it works a dream.
    She thing she has free roam of the internet and App Store and I am satisfied she's safe online.
    Just_Me_D and daveybur108 like this.
    03-17-2017 11:13 AM
    Thanks Quis89

Google Maps, as your original post mentioned, isn't a standard Apple app. So the restriction should block that app from being installed. If you're referencing the Maps app that comes pre-installed, that can be removed also. I'm not sure if the restrictions will apply to that application though. But I'm also not aware of a workaround to get into the browser through that application either.
    03-17-2017 11:18 AM