I noticed yesterday, when I put my iPhone's back to my ear I can hear sizzling and crackling noises. It increases when I open up apps, load webpages etc. Not only increases but even the 'habitat' of the sound changes.
    03-11-2017 02:21 PM
    Turn the phone off, and make an appointment with the Genius Bar at your local Apple store. They'll be able to assist you further.
    03-11-2017 02:42 PM
    Hi Lajos, how are you? I wonder, has somebody told you what was causing that in your iphone? I'm having the same issue. I hope you can read this soon. Thanks!
    04-17-2019 12:35 AM
    Hi Lajos, how are you? I wonder, has somebody told you what was causing that in your iphone? I'm having the same issue. I hope you can read this soon. Thanks!
    This thread is 2 years old. Can you explain the issues you're having? Which iPhone and OS? What noises do you hear? Does it come from the speakers, or somewhere else?
    04-17-2019 09:07 AM
    Hello and welcome to iMore. I'm sorry that you're having issues with you 5s. As @Sherry_B suggested, you should turn your phone off, and make an appointment with the Genius Bar at your local Apple Store. If you don't have an Apple Store nearby, I suggest you contact Apple Support. Click here for a link.
    04-17-2019 09:10 AM
    Hi! yes it's an old post, but it's the only one that explained exactly the same problem as me. When my iphone 7 is on, and I put my ear on the back of the phone, near the apple logo, I can hear some sizzling and crackling, kind of like the one that computers make sometimes when running software. I dont know if that's indicative of some malfunction, or is a common thing that I never paid atention to it before. But according to my brother (he has a iphone X) he did the same thing and he couldn't hear anything.
    04-17-2019 05:51 PM
    Problem is that where I live (Chile), the local Apple Store is not an official one, just a "premium reseller". So when I wanted them to take a look at my phone, they told me that they don't make technical support to phones that aren't covered by a guarantee (my phone has like 2 years of use now).
    04-17-2019 05:55 PM
    This thread is 2 years old. Can you explain the issues you're having? Which iPhone and OS? What noises do you hear? Does it come from the speakers, or somewhere else?
    it's an iPhone 7 with iOS 12.2
    04-17-2019 05:56 PM
    it's an iPhone 7 with iOS 12.2
    Have you tried restoring it as new, not from a back up? If it's a software issue, that might work. If that doesn’t work, then it's hardware.
    04-17-2019 10:00 PM