I noticed yesterday, when I put my iPhone's back to my ear I can hear sizzling and crackling noises. It increases when I open up apps, load webpages etc. Not only increases but even the 'habitat' of the sound changes.
    03-11-2017 01:21 PM
    Turn the phone off, and make an appointment with the Genius Bar at your local Apple store. They'll be able to assist you further.
    03-11-2017 01:42 PM
    Hi Lajos, how are you? I wonder, has somebody told you what was causing that in your iphone? I'm having the same issue. I hope you can read this soon. Thanks!
    04-16-2019 11:35 PM
    Hi Lajos, how are you? I wonder, has somebody told you what was causing that in your iphone? I'm having the same issue. I hope you can read this soon. Thanks!
    This thread is 2 years old. Can you explain the issues you're having? Which iPhone and OS? What noises do you hear? Does it come from the speakers, or somewhere else?
    04-17-2019 08:07 AM
    Hello and welcome to iMore. I'm sorry that you're having issues with you 5s. As @Sherry_B suggested, you should turn your phone off, and make an appointment with the Genius Bar at your local Apple Store. If you don't have an Apple Store nearby, I suggest you contact Apple Support. Click here for a link.
    04-17-2019 08:10 AM
    Hi! yes it's an old post, but it's the only one that explained exactly the same problem as me. When my iphone 7 is on, and I put my ear on the back of the phone, near the apple logo, I can hear some sizzling and crackling, kind of like the one that computers make sometimes when running software. I dont know if that's indicative of some malfunction, or is a common thing that I never paid atention to it before. But according to my brother (he has a iphone X) he did the same thing and he couldn't hear anything.
    04-17-2019 04:51 PM
    Problem is that where I live (Chile), the local Apple Store is not an official one, just a "premium reseller". So when I wanted them to take a look at my phone, they told me that they don't make technical support to phones that aren't covered by a guarantee (my phone has like 2 years of use now).
    04-17-2019 04:55 PM
    This thread is 2 years old. Can you explain the issues you're having? Which iPhone and OS? What noises do you hear? Does it come from the speakers, or somewhere else?
    it's an iPhone 7 with iOS 12.2
    04-17-2019 04:56 PM
    it's an iPhone 7 with iOS 12.2
    Have you tried restoring it as new, not from a back up? If it's a software issue, that might work. If that doesn’t work, then it's hardware.
    04-17-2019 09:00 PM
    Problem is that where I live (Chile), the local Apple Store is not an official one, just a "premium reseller". So when I wanted them to take a look at my phone, they told me that they don't make technical support to phones that aren't covered by a guarantee (my phone has like 2 years of use now).
    Hey Felipeazua,
    Did you ever have that issue figured out. My sons iPhone 8 is doing it.
    03-18-2022 02:35 PM
    Hey Felipeazua,
    Hello and welcome to iMore. Have you consulted Apple Support, or made a visit to the Genius Bar? If not, it might be worth doing so.
    03-18-2022 03:11 PM
    Hey Felipeazua,
    Personally I would stop using the phone immediately
    TgeekB likes this.
    03-18-2022 03:14 PM
    Hello and welcome to iMore. Have you consulted Apple Support, or made a visit to the Genius Bar? If not, it might be worth doing so.
    No I usually try to problem solve with the simplest ways first, to see if it’s just an older phone making normal processing sounds and dealing with the stress of newer software before I throw money at Apple and it’s obvious people have had the same experience so I was hoping to get someone’s feedback who had a similar experience.
    03-18-2022 03:14 PM
    No I usually try to problem solve with the simplest ways first, to see if it’s just an older phone making normal processing sounds and dealing with the stress of newer software before I throw money at Apple and it’s obvious people have had the same experience so I was hoping to get someone’s feedback who had a similar experience.
    “Sizzling” and “phone” don’t go well together. You might want to find out what Apple thinks before it’s fried.
    Annie_M likes this.
    03-18-2022 03:39 PM
    “Sizzling” and “phone” don’t go well together. You might want to find out what Apple thinks before it’s fried.
    Great advice. But an “I don’t know” contextually equates to the same response.
    03-18-2022 03:40 PM
    That was 5 years ago. The phone is probably dead by now as it is now a 10 year old phone.
    03-18-2022 07:12 PM
    There are no "normal processing sounds" that an iPhone should be making. If your son's iPhone is making sizzling and popping sounds, then it has a hardware issue and you/he should stop using it and go a knowledgeable service company for repairs. Or replace the phone.
    Just_Me_D, TgeekB and scruffypig like this.
    03-19-2022 06:00 AM
    How would we know? The advice you’re getting is take it to Apple. There really is no other adequate way to find out what is going on.
    Just_Me_D and scruffypig like this.
    03-19-2022 03:07 PM