iPhone 5s sizzling and crackling noises coming from inside

Lajos Pataki

Mar 11, 2017
Visit site
I noticed yesterday, when I put my iPhone's back to my ear I can hear sizzling and crackling noises. It increases when I open up apps, load webpages etc. Not only increases but even the 'habitat' of the sound changes.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Turn the phone off, and make an appointment with the Genius Bar at your local Apple store. They'll be able to assist you further.

Felipeazua

Apr 17, 2019
Visit site
Hi Lajos, how are you? I wonder, has somebody told you what was causing that in your iphone? I'm having the same issue. I hope you can read this soon. Thanks!

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Hi Lajos, how are you? I wonder, has somebody told you what was causing that in your iphone? I'm having the same issue. I hope you can read this soon. Thanks!

This thread is 2 years old. Can you explain the issues you're having? Which iPhone and OS? What noises do you hear? Does it come from the speakers, or somewhere else?

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Hello and welcome to iMore. I'm sorry that you're having issues with you 5s. As @Sherry_B suggested, you should turn your phone off, and make an appointment with the Genius Bar at your local Apple Store. If you don't have an Apple Store nearby, I suggest you contact Apple Support. Click here for a link.

Felipeazua

Apr 17, 2019
Visit site
Hi! yes it's an old post, but it's the only one that explained exactly the same problem as me. When my iphone 7 is on, and I put my ear on the back of the phone, near the apple logo, I can hear some sizzling and crackling, kind of like the one that computers make sometimes when running software. I dont know if that's indicative of some malfunction, or is a common thing that I never paid atention to it before. But according to my brother (he has a iphone X) he did the same thing and he couldn't hear anything.

Felipeazua

Apr 17, 2019
Visit site
Problem is that where I live (Chile), the local Apple Store is not an official one, just a "premium reseller". So when I wanted them to take a look at my phone, they told me that they don't make technical support to phones that aren't covered by a guarantee (my phone has like 2 years of use now).

john099

Mar 18, 2022
Visit site
Problem is that where I live (Chile), the local Apple Store is not an official one, just a "premium reseller". So when I wanted them to take a look at my phone, they told me that they don't make technical support to phones that aren't covered by a guarantee (my phone has like 2 years of use now).

Hey Felipeazua,
Did you ever have that issue figured out. My sons iPhone 8 is doing it.

john099

Mar 18, 2022
Visit site
Hello and welcome to iMore. Have you consulted Apple Support, or made a visit to the Genius Bar? If not, it might be worth doing so.

No I usually try to problem solve with the simplest ways first, to see if it’s just an older phone making normal processing sounds and dealing with the stress of newer software before I throw money at Apple and it’s obvious people have had the same experience so I was hoping to get someone’s feedback who had a similar experience.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
No I usually try to problem solve with the simplest ways first, to see if it’s just an older phone making normal processing sounds and dealing with the stress of newer software before I throw money at Apple and it’s obvious people have had the same experience so I was hoping to get someone’s feedback who had a similar experience.

“Sizzling” and “phone” don’t go well together. You might want to find out what Apple thinks before it’s fried.

SwitchBeach

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site

There are no "normal processing sounds" that an iPhone should be making. If your son's iPhone is making sizzling and popping sounds, then it has a hardware issue and you/he should stop using it and go a knowledgeable service company for repairs. Or replace the phone.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice