my iphone 5s shut down automatically even if the battery life remains

I

iMore Question

my iphone 5s used to shut down automatically even the battery remains. one of my friend told me to zero my battery and then charge it to full problem might get solved.so i zero my battery. Now my phone charge is zero and it is not getting charged as when this type of problem occur phone doesnt get charge.And my charger is ok. so, now pressing on both home button and power button the phone didnt open as the battery is zero.so how can i solve this problem.

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
Welcome to iMore.

Try charging it for 24 hours without touching it at all. I had a 5s that would not charge properly and this worked for me. After 24 hours it started charging normal again. If it does not work for you, my next suggestion would be to take it to Apple to have it looked at. It could just require a battery replacement, but could be something else hardware wise. Only Apple will be able to tell you.

linsiris

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried connecting it to iTunes (and charge it from the computer) to see what message you get or if you can get it in DFU mode. Otherwise going to an Apple Store (or authorized retailers) might be your best option

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
I 3rd the advice to take it to an Apple store for a diagnostic. They should be able to diagnose for free although a repair will cost you at least 79 dollars. (That's what a battery replacement costs at Apple)

Also....

Welcome to iMore.com! Please join the site so you can post a response to our questions. It's easy, here's how...
http://forums.imore.com/ask-question/293812-guide-how-sign-up-imore.html