Why are Ring Tones Not Available in Mac (Sierra) Contacts App?

I

iMore Question

I have custom ringtones for certain contacts for my iPhone 7. They work fine on the iPhone and on all my iPads. But on my Mac the ringtones are not available. Every contact has the default tone, and the popup menu in Contacts does not include my custom tones. My custom ring tones are in iTunes in the Tones section, but don't show up in Contacts. How can I get my custom ringtones to work on my Mac?

FWIW, my custom ring tones work correctly on all 3 of my iPads. After downloading to those devices, the tones automatically showed up for the contacts to which they were assigned on the iPhone. They also show up in the iOS Contacts app popup menu, as they should.

DarlaMack

Apple TV Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to iMore!! I know that you can set the provided ringtones to contacts in OS X. The ones from the default list on your iOS device syncs over amongst the contacts. Custom tones, however, would not work if it's not part of the OS X package. Sounds like a great idea though and you might want to suggest it to Apple via their feedback page.

Product Feedback - Apple

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro