Should i get iPHONE 7 with 128 or 256 GB?

I

iMore Question

I am someone who uses her phone mainly for everything, photos including from the camera, saved from snapchat, instagram and lots of screenshots, also some videos, i also download normally 6 apps, my maximum is 10 if im not missing any possible app.
Including music and some downloads or pdf´s or etc documents.

I actually have a phone which has a 8GBstorage and i run out of space every time so im constantly deleting photos,music or etc things and its really annoying that i cannot download pics or videos or updating apps without worrying.

I don´t really think I NEED 256 GB but im not sure if 128 GB is already enough for the uses I give to my phone , I am afraid that with time, in the future, i realize it wasnt enough space 128GB, but idk bc i actually think that 128 GB gives u lot of possibilities , so that´s what it makes me confused.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
If you're talking 10 apps maximum then I don't see why 128GB wouldn't suit your needs coming off of an 8GB phone. Heck, I'd say 32GB would be good, but I recommend 128GB.

However, if spending the extra $100 isn't that much of an issue, go with 256GB. I don't think you'd be going wrong with any of the two.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
i take a ton of photos and videos and have never come close to 128gb. In fact, 64gb is usually sufficient for me. If you plan to keep it a long time and not move any photos to the cloud or to your computer, go for 256, otherwise, 128 should be sufficient.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
You should always opt for the most you can afford, HOWEVER 128GB is an awful lot. It's much more than you were used to and I really feel like you'll be fine with that. IF price is no object, then get the 256, BUT if you are like most of us and you are a regular person trying to make both ends meet, you should be fine with 128. I WOULD probably skip the 32GB.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
My advice is to get as much as you can afford. Coming from 8gb, you are going to feel like you have all the freedom in the world with even with the 32gb, but the 128gb model will get you some real freedom.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Welcome to iMore!

Like you, with my old phone, which was a 16gb iPhone 5s, I was constantly running out of room and having to delete apps, old texts and of course, pictures. I got a 6s a year ago, with 64gb and have been very happy. It's been plenty for me. So 128GB would probably be fine. However, as BreakingKayfabe pointed out, if you can afford the additional $100, then go for it!

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234