What do I do when I want a new Apple ID?

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202667

If you can't change your Apple ID

You can change your Apple ID to any other email address you control, as long as it's not already in use as an Apple ID. If your email address ends with @iCloud.com, @me.com, or @mac.com, you might not be able to change your Apple ID. You also won't see Change Email Address on your account page.

If you want to sign in with a different Apple ID

If you want to change the Apple ID that you use on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch—and not change the email address that you use as your Apple ID—follow these steps to sign out, then back in with a different Apple ID.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204106

[h=1]If your Apple ID is locked[/h]If you or someone else enters your password, security questions, or other account information incorrectly too many times, your Apple ID automatically locks to protect your security and you can't sign in to any Apple services. You can unlock your Apple ID after you verify your identity.

If your Apple ID is locked for security reasons, you might see one of these alerts:

• “This Apple ID has been disabled for security reasons”
  • "You can't sign in because your account was disabled for security reasons"
  • "This Apple ID has been locked for security reasons"
When you see one of these alerts, you can go to iforgot.apple.com to unlock your account with your existing password or to reset your password. After multiple unsuccessful attempts to unlock your account, your Apple ID will remain locked and you can try again the next day.
If you use two-step verification, you need to use your recovery key and a trusted device. And if you use two-factor authentication, you need a trusted device or trusted phone number to unlock your Apple ID.
If you see a message that is different from the alerts above and you can't reset your password, contact us for help.