I found a Apple Iphone 6 plus with Verizon as the carrier.

I

iMore Question

Apple Iphone was found with bulky plastic protection cover, i tried calling the "if found please call and reward will be given" call back number. It is a disconnected number with area code from Baltimore US..,, Does anyone know if i can unlock the phone and use it for my own personal use, since my carrier is also verizon..??

MizWylie

Champion
Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
Uh, no. It's been reported lost/stolen at this point, which means it is probably blacklisted from Verizon, and your best bet would be to turn it in.

Also, it's kind of frowned upon to take things you find that are not yours. Do the right thing!

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
You won't be able to unlock it. It's only usable for parts at this point. OR you can try to "do the right thing" and turn it in to the police or the carrier. HOWEVER Verizon might not take it. I'm also told Apple will not take lost or stolen phone and they advise you turn them in to the police. Now I'm not sure how much actual investigations the police will do either with all the major crimes that go on, such as murder and bank robbery, assault, etc Stolen phone might not be too high on the list. ;)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234