how do i unlock the activation lock if i forgot my apple id

I

iMore Question

i am trying to unlock my apple iphone 5s but i dont know the apple id because it was my partners phone but hes forgot his apple id so how could i unblock it.

mark-d

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
I think unless the OP can prove he/she is the rightful owner via original proof of purchase this will (rightfully) be a lost cause.

The activation lock is there to protect devices and their owners. If the OP got the device second hand they'll have no proof that they are the original owner so I doubt Apple will want to help bypass their activation lock

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
I believe he may have difficulty as well, BUT Apple Support is his best shot as I and Garz have said, AND he will need proof of purchase. Also that page I linked has some tips for remembering/looking up your Apple ID. Perhaps with a little help from the "friend" he may yet get in to the device. :) G'luck OP, please consider joining the site and letting us know how you make out.

As a LAST option, you can sell the device as a "locked" device for parts only it WILL have some limited value, BUT make sure you provide full disclosure of the device's condition to any potential buyers. :)

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
The OP didn't buy the phone. It came from a friend. Or so he says.

They never said friend. They said it was their partners phone. Can't assume their partner doesn't have proof of purchase. Your answer went straight to no. Which was incorrect.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Either way probably not worth us going back and forth over. :) We've provided the OP with the info he needs, so hopefully he can have the best shot at getting his device working properly. :) Shall we all move on to the next question? ;)

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
They never said friend. They said it was their partners phone. Can't assume their partner doesn't have proof of purchase. Your answer went straight to no. Which was incorrect.

If the "partner" can't recall his Apple ID, he's not likely to produce a receipt.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2